Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shape files for streets and setting up the program

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jeffmorris
793 Views, 5 Replies

Shape files for streets and setting up the program

I have 30-day trial 64-bit version of the program. How can I get good shape files for streets in New York City area? Some shape files gave me error messages when trying to import them into the program. How can I set up the program so that when I press the left and right arrow keys, I scroll the model left and right instead of rotating it? Someone in another group suggested that I use this program instead of AutoCAD Civil 3D program to create 3D models of cities.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeffmorris
in reply to: jeffmorris

Which file formats are best for creating terrains using raster maps? What about DEM and NED files?

Message 3 of 6
jeffmorris

I think that I'm not happy with the results shown in the screen shot. I think I can't enter the coordinates using the keyboard instead of the mouse. For example, I moved the six-lane highway down and I can't enter how much each spline point should move down, in this case, 10 meters. I think I can't create custom street styles with odd numbers of lanes. Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 6
jeffmorris

Is it possible to edit the terrain?

Message 5 of 6
jeffmorris

Please help me.

Message 6 of 6

So it seems that you already managed to import raster data and shapefiles, right?

Based on the screenshot, I would suggest that you assign a "bridge" road style to the 2 crossing roads (the 2-lanes one) in order to avoid the artifacts with the holes in the terrain surface.

About entering the elevation offset numerically: if the whole road should have an offset of e.g. "-10" meters, you can enter this number in the feature properties of that road: select the road, open the "properties" window from the toolbar, and look for property "Elevation Offset"; you can also enter a "starting elevation offset" for the polyline and an "ending elevation offset"; combine this with the feature split operation and you can control the elevation numerically. Entering those numbers for the individual vertices of a polyline is not possible right now... Certainly a point for improvement for the future!

Konstantin.B
Software Architect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report