InfraWorks General Discussion

InfraWorks General Discussion

afinnerty
Message 1 of 3 (182 Views)
Accepted Solution

Revit Model not showing up

182 Views, 2 Replies
06-30-2014 09:28 AM

I used model builder to get the MASS GIS data loaded and then tried to import a .RVT model. The model is nowhere to be found although it says "Imported." Where do I find and move my models?! HELP!

Hi Amanda,

Did you try to use Interactive Placement for the RVT model when configuring? It appears to be coming in to the model, but not geolocated. The Infraworks Model Builder data is real-world, but typically Revit uses a local [to the model] coordinate system. Even if you assign the correct CS to your RVT file, it will not import it into the correct location.

Product Support
Willy_Campbell
Message 2 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: Revit Model not showing up

06-30-2014 11:54 AM in reply to: afinnerty

Hi Amanda,

Did you try to use Interactive Placement for the RVT model when configuring? It appears to be coming in to the model, but not geolocated. The Infraworks Model Builder data is real-world, but typically Revit uses a local [to the model] coordinate system. Even if you assign the correct CS to your RVT file, it will not import it into the correct location.

Willy Campbell
afinnerty
Message 3 of 3 (130 Views)

Re: Revit Model not showing up

06-30-2014 01:13 PM in reply to: Willy_Campbell

Thank you!!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.