InfraWorks General Discussion

InfraWorks General Discussion

Employee
s.gerber
Message 11 of 17 (334 Views)

Re: Randomization of trees

11-29-2013 03:06 AM in reply to: thomas
Hi Thomas, you have to select all the trees and clear the Manual Style property. The Manual Style is the one used while drawing the forest and will always overrule the Rule Style. That's why you don't see the desired effect, even if the Rule Style is correctly applied by running your rule.
Contributor
thomas
Message 12 of 17 (309 Views)

12-05-2013 03:44 AM in reply to: thomas

Thanks!

That solved my problem, but i still dont quite understand why I can`t find the name of the spesific rulestyle when going into the properties palette and browsing rule styles.

Should`nt I be able to find my style "3_trees_style" by browsing the properties palette? And If I have several tree styles, how does the program know which of the rules to use when i cannot define or locate the Rule Style by name in the propertis palette?

infraworks_random_trees.jpg

Employee
s.gerber
Message 13 of 17 (303 Views)

12-05-2013 04:23 AM in reply to: thomas
Hi Thomas, it works a little bit different. What you see in the properties is the "Rule Style", not the "Style Rule". I.e. it is just the style that was assigned to the feature by running the rule. The feature itself doesn't know anything about which rule it has its style from.
rimvydas.sabonis
Message 14 of 17 (292 Views)

12-10-2013 12:41 AM in reply to: thomas

Hello,

With expression manager you can do more dynamic styling solutions. So here is another possible solution:

random trees

Good luck.

Contributor mkt
Contributor
mkt
Message 15 of 17 (183 Views)

01-13-2014 06:34 AM in reply to: thomas

Unfortunately this was not the solution for me. As far as I can se, I have the same issue as Thomas, but when I clear the manual style in properties, nothing happens. I commit and refresh my style rule again and manual style is applied again. 

Has anyone got some pointers?

At rimvydas.sabonis: What does it say in your expression?

Employee
s.gerber
Message 16 of 17 (179 Views)

01-13-2014 06:40 AM in reply to: mkt
When you cleared the manual style in the properties, did you make your changes persistend by pressing the 'Update' button at the top?
Contributor mkt
Contributor
mkt
Message 17 of 17 (177 Views)

01-13-2014 06:43 AM in reply to: s.gerber

Did not see that one there - Thank you!

BUT - it doesn't seem to work when the forest area is defined from a shp file?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.