Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railways are red

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jeffmorris
486 Views, 3 Replies

Railways are red

I imported shape file for railways into AIM and they are all red instead of having different materials. How can I fix the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

In AIM 2012 we don't have a "Railway style editor"; changing/fixing railway styles would require you to manually edit XML files, which I wouldn't recommend.

In AIM 2013 we have added the missing "Railway style editor", which is very similiar to the "Road style editor" and allows you to create new and modify & fix existing railway styles. If you need help with this please post back and we can figure out what is not working correctly/as expected for your case...

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 3 of 4
jeffmorris
in reply to: jeffmorris

AutoCAD has Filter command for selecting objects by type of object such as line, circle, etc. Does AIM have filter command?

Message 4 of 4

Could you please start a new thread for a new topic...

Not sure what you are asking for: each AIM feature belongs to a certain feature type (road, coverage, barrier, water area); you can select all features belonging to a certain feature type via the "Model Explorer"...

In AIM there are no such basic graphics primitives as circles or lines; we are dealing with higher level constructs.

What would be your intended workflow that would require you to select such elements?

Konstantin.B
Software Architect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report