Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Profiles in Infraworks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
mburdick
1297 Views, 10 Replies

Profiles in Infraworks

I have just loaded the 2014 Infraworks and dont have a Corridor tab under View like everything I read online, is there a toggle or something that will get me it and I'm also missing the Optimize tab. any thoughts.

Thanks

Mike

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: mburdick

That is a module that is only available in the Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 11
DarrenP

the optimize tab is only available with the Roads & Highways module which is only available with Infrastructure Design Suite Ulimate 2014 with sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwOIkETDS3M

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

i would have to check on the corridor tab

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
DarrenP

this doesn't have the corridor tab either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_D4zJytPkA

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM

I think it's the Optimize tab he is referring to.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 11
mburdick

OK I was woundering if that might be it, I will look at it when it becomes available, thanks

Message 8 of 11
schroeder.a

Anyone else think this is ridiculous? The parting-out of functionality? Why is this not just a function available in Civil3D, where arguably, it belongs? They have so little to justify these subscription tiers that they have to spread this all out - withholding actually useful functionality from users in order to eek a little more $$$ out of an already abused consumer base? Should I have to go ultimate (I DON'T WANT REVIT) just to get this? If this is a cloud function - then pay-per-use (which is already is, as you have to pay in these amusing cloud credits) - so just expose the functionality to C3D already.
Message 9 of 11

Schroeder.a, I appreciate your passion about this. You don't have to buy IDS-Ultimate and Revit. Roadway Design for InfraWorks 360 Pro gets you access to profile (vertical) optimization. (And, of course, you can export your results into Civil 3D format.)

Message 10 of 11

Thanks for your reply Lawrence - I have to ask though, how did anyone at Autodesk arrive at the conclusion that this would be better suited to Infraworks than Civil3D, your flagship design software? What input is sent to the cloud service? A TIN and a LandXMLfile? Could this not be ported to Civil3D? Horizontal alignments based on a simple cost surface (avoid high slope, water bodies, certain parcels), and vertical optimization is low-hanging fruit. GIS systems have had this ability for some time now - but basic analysis is completely left out of Civil3D and Map3D (Map3D has 10% of the analysis capabilities that QGIS, for example, has).
Message 11 of 11
neilyj666
in reply to: schroeder.a

Anything to do with the Cloud has resources thrown at it......anything else is just left to bumble on with historic bugs/defects going unfixed for years.......

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report