Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Fence creation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
enelson
1105 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with Fence creation

I have a line for a fence, but when I bring it in over my proposed area it sinks to existing ground and wont drape or display properly.  In order to get this to work I had to buffer my line to make a polygon and import it as a building, on top of this I had to break the line several times to make it look even close to decent.  It still looks staggered, but I had a time crunch.  I would like to figure this out for the future.  I attached a few pictures to show the issue.  If anyone can enlighten me on making a fence please reply Smiley Happy

Erik Nelson
Win 10 64-bit, 1TB SSD, 128gb DDR4 Ram, AMD 24 Core Threadripper, NVIDIA GTX2060
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
enelson
in reply to: enelson

Anyone.... Bueller?

Erik Nelson
Win 10 64-bit, 1TB SSD, 128gb DDR4 Ram, AMD 24 Core Threadripper, NVIDIA GTX2060
Message 3 of 3
msolomons
in reply to: enelson

Spoiler
I downloaded some fences from Trimble Warehouse into Autocad then copied them along a polyline to follow the path I wanted (including elevation) then FBX export out and import into Infraworks, this seemed to work ok.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report