Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precision issues with creating building

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
830 Views, 3 Replies

Precision issues with creating building

When creating building, it appears that there is some overriding setting that does not allow me to put the corner of the building anywhere I want.  When I try to edit/move the corners it acts like there is a "snap" setting or a minimum distance that the adjustment is allowed to make.  This is very cumbersome in trying to fine tune these building to match to the aerail photo they are being built from.  It seems to jump in increments of 8 for some reason, regardless of unit settings.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same issue laying railways.  It is very annoying as the precision seems to be around 2 meters.  I just cannot get objects in the right spot.

Message 3 of 4
lawrence.sander
in reply to: Anonymous

Blitherland, hold down CTRL while you click.

Message 4 of 4

Yes - I learned that the hard-way myself. By holding down the CTR Key, you cancel out the snap. Was driving me nuts when I wanted to apply ground material or vegitation over areas where the was other ground material or next to water features and such. But holding down the CTR key got rid of the jumpy snap thing. The only other thing that anoys me is the difficulty with the vertical and horizontal adjustment boxes - no easy eay to finetune elevation. They bounce back and forth like a pendelum...

Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report