Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing 2 adf height rasters crashes Infraworks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
688 Views, 2 Replies

Placing 2 adf height rasters crashes Infraworks

Hi all,

I try to place two adjecant rasters we got from one of our clients. The rasters should match perfectly next to eachother and loading them solo in a (new) project works like a charm.

However if I want to place them both in the same project, Infraworks draws both far ends fine, but takes an age to draw the section where both rasters meet eachother and finally crashes.

What i do:

- add raster: select both 'w001w001.adf' and 'w001w001x.adf'.

- data source configuration: set coordinate system to 'Netherlands-RDNew'

I do the above steps for both rasters

- select both and 'refresh'

I get several errormessages saying 'exception during generation of SmartCity tile: invalid deque<T> subscript'

Message logging starts at #550 here and goes beyond #1450...

Setting an extent toggles the 'Generating Model %-bar' popup which also never seems to finish..

Est. time remaining quickly counts upward, percentage sticks at 31% (in this case).

I don't think the adf files are corrupt or anything, I have this with several adf files and Map 3D places them perfectly in a matter of seconds. Also I use quite a decent workstation with 24GB RAM and 2 6-cores and over 100GB free on the scratch disk, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

after 5 mins:

screenshot_raster-import.jpg

after 15mins:

screenshot_raster-import2.jpg

I'm still quite new to Infraworks so perhaps I just missed a setting or switch, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Because of copyright issues I can't provide the raster files. 😞

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you working over the network. If so try loading everything onto your hard drive.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi jaturner,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm already working from harddrive.

The height-data in the Netherlands has been released to the public since early march in GeoTIFF format.

Using QGis I can join and crop it and load it easily into Infraworks now.

So while the issue itself is not solved, I'm on my way again.

😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report