Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ortho/textures/colors not displaying on Infraworks 2014 Scenarion sent to iPad!

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
benraw
629 Views, 15 Replies

Ortho/textures/colors not displaying on Infraworks 2014 Scenarion sent to iPad!

Mdel looks great in Infraworks 2014. Scenario is added, published using entire model and LOD on high w/ computed ambient occlusions, Tile size:200 Texture size:256. The model in Infraworks 360 for iPad brings in all the detail but is entirely in greay scale, Help!>???!?!

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: benraw

Hello Ben,

is it possible to send an image of how it looks like on the iPad?
Or is it possible to (temporarily) share the model with me so that I can check it on the iPad?

Thanks,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 16
benraw

This is the model in a browser from clicking the collaborate tab and clicking manage online scenarios and clicking open with browser

Message 4 of 16
benraw

This is what shows up on the ipad when I access the model

Message 5 of 16
Karsten.Saenger

Hi Ben,

thanks for the screenshots, I know see what you mean. The issue is that the textures are missing at all and therefore no colors are displayed in the model.
Please test if the textures are displayed if LOD is set to low (3D Graphics = Optimize for Speed).
If this does not help, can you send me the specification of your iPad, the iPad Viewer version and - ideally - a link to your scenario, so that I can test it on my side?

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 6 of 16
benraw
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Dear [Invitee],
You have been invited to view the 3D scenario Scenario 2, created by benraw@shaw.ca using Autodesk InfraWorks 360.
To open the scenario in a browser, click https://infraworks360.autodesk.com/api/account/49a363780c5911e48a8b12313922b1c0/group/3867/scenario/... The latest versions of Chrome and Firefox have the built-in WebGL support required to open the scenario. If you are using Internet Explorer you will need to install the Google Chrome Frame from http://www.google.com/chromeframe.
To open the scenario on your iPad, in the Autodesk InfraWorks 360 app, click https://infraworks360.autodesk.com/viewer/iPadLauncher.html?account=49a363780c5911e48a8b12313922b1c0...
Message 7 of 16
benraw

I am currently re-publishing the MODEL and will Publish a scenario, I tried setting LOD to low and nothing helped. The iPad is an iPad 2, viewer is version 15.2.4357

Message 8 of 16
Karsten.Saenger

Hi Ben,

your iPad viewer is up to date.
Unfortunately I am not able to load the scenario, because it is not found, neither in a web browser nor on the iPad.
I have invited you to an InfraWorks 360 group to upload the project.

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 9 of 16
benraw

Hello Karsten,

Sorry, I must have deleted the model I published by accident, I was going to send you a link to a new one that is still not working, but I am already publishing the model to the group you sent me. In addition, I notice a jeep .dae from the model (converted from .skp in sketch up) is appearing in the model, but not in the online link nor on the iPad.

Thank you for your help, I hope it publishes by tomorrow.

Message 10 of 16
benraw

Model has been loaded, I'll now publish a scenario at default settings (200/256/medium), it will be called Karsten

You have been invited to view the 3D scenario Karsten, created by benraw@shaw.ca using Autodesk InfraWorks 360.

To open the scenario in a browser, click https://infraworks360.autodesk.com/api/account/722c6abab72e11e1b85e123139052002/group/482/scenario/K.... The latest versions of Chrome and Firefox have the built-in WebGL support required to open the scenario. If you are using Internet Explorer you will need to install the Google Chrome Frame from http://www.google.com/chromeframe.

To open the scenario on your iPad, in the Autodesk InfraWorks 360 app, click https://infraworks360.autodesk.com/viewer/iPadLauncher.html?account=722c6abab72e11e1b85e123139052002....

Message 11 of 16
Karsten.Saenger

Hi Ben,

thanks for sharing the model.
I can confirm the missing textures on the iPad, the web viewer looks fine though.
I have made some tests with different versions of InfraWorks and publishing scenarios. I have deleted your scenario and created a new one which I have published to InfraWorks 360. I have done this in Version 2015.2 and 2014.2 and then tested the scenario on the iPad. Both versions look fine and textures are displayed. I have sent you an invite to the version created in 2014.2, can you confirm that textures are displayed?
If yes, please delete the scenario and create a new one and publish it again.
Does it look right now?

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 12 of 16
benraw

Hello Karsten,

Thank you for looking into this,

I believe I have 2014R1 as I cannot open your model due to it being created in a more "recent version", I will try again after I can find a way to install 2014R2...

Message 13 of 16
benraw

Hello Karsten,

I believe you may have published a 2014 model as I now have R2 installed and cannot download your model to republish it. Could you post another/confirm?

Thank you,

Ben

Message 14 of 16
Karsten.Saenger

Hi Ben,

I have synchronized the model in the group with a 2014 R2 version and republished a scenario from that version as well.

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 15 of 16
benraw

Whole new problem now. Went to publish a new model I have created, I now have both a Infraworks 360 Pro icon and an Infraworks R2 icon. When I launch both programs, all the local models show up as normal, but when I try to sign in and click on the blue text or the sign in drop down....no window for log in opens, nothing happens. I fear this may have to do with a solution I was told to use when having issues loggin in through Civil 3D, and that was to delete the web services folder in the local appdat folder. This fixed my log in problems for C3D but now I have problems in Infraworks. Or could this be a problem from the R2 install?

Thank you!

Message 16 of 16
Karsten.Saenger

Hi,

I would suggest to wait some time (until Monday) and try later again. 
The reason is that Autodesk experienced some server outages for InfraWorks 360 yesterday and the day before. Many users experienced sign in issues yesterday. I hope the issue will be solved soon on the server side and following that your sign issues disappear.

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report