Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model not showing in published scenario

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jonesj3
1149 Views, 8 Replies

Model not showing in published scenario

For some reason one of our main models does not show up in our publish scenario for web viewing or viewing on the ipad. We think we might be issing a checkbox or something simple. Any suggestions?

FYI The model that is not showing up were files created in Revit, opened and combined in NW and then exported as fbx.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: jonesj3

In the Options, under the 3D Graphics, check the box to Show Backfaces.  This helped my models show up better during the video production.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 9
jonesj3

Sorry. We actually already tried that. Still not working. Thought maybe it was because not the entire model was inside the scenario boundaries so we adjusted the boundary but still did not work.
Message 4 of 9
lippola

Hello,

the FBX model shows up in the desktop, right?

Is the model somehow a bigger one in its extend (bounding box)? If so you might go into the configuration window of that particular model in the desktop. Open the "3D Model" tab and choose "Tile" for the model handling. This wil bake the model into the tile and makes big bounding box models visible. 

Another option, but i guess you tried that, higher the Level-of-Detail in the app settings itself.

Hope it helps

Andreas

Message 5 of 9
kevinreed4046
in reply to: lippola

This is an old thread but it is the closest one I could find to my issue. 

I am trialing Infraworks for the first time and need to be able to share a scenario with a client so they can view the whole project on the site.

I've got a scenario made with 7 fbx and revit models added as data sources. They show up in the desktop app but not in the uploaded browser. 

I've changed the Model Handling to Tile like this thread suggested but they still don't show up. I've also tried increasing the LOD in the scenario broswer and it still won't work. 

Any other ideas? The models are farily well developed and rather large files so I think it just might be choking on the size of the data.

Desktop Snip.JPG

Web browser view:

Scenario Snip.JPG

Message 6 of 9

Any update on this? I'm experiencing the same problem.

Message 7 of 9

Hi @N0640434GD95M

if styles or models are missing in the scenario in the rendered model I would first double check the paths of the 3D data sources.

The web rendering is very strict (not to say limited) when it comes to paths checked for models to be rendered. 

If a 3D model is located in a wrong path it's just not rendered for the scenario.

Regards,

Karsten 

Karsten Saenger
Message 8 of 9

I have the same problem.

What is the difference between a correct path and a wrong path if the model shows up in the Infraworks application but not in web view.

Message 9 of 9

Hi @MC_Dalsgaard

the web render engine uses only certain paths to check for models and styles. It can happen that even if in InfraWorks - which is less strict with the paths - the model displays correctly, the web render result does not show it.

For example, custom textures in the model might not be rendered if the textures are located in a path like:

• ..\model.files\unver\Content\Textures

If the custom textures are located in the following path it works fine:

• ..\model.files\styles\Library\Textures

The solution in this case is to copy the custom texture files into path ..\styles\Library\Textures and then assign the new path to the materials in the style editor, then the online rendering works fine.

As you can see in the above example, it is needed to know exactly what is missing in the web render result. Then search for it in the local model and double check the paths. For example compare it with paths of other objects of the same type that work fine to render.

The issue is alos mentioned in the following knowledge artticle:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/InfraWorks-360-Web-Mobile-Scenario-Viewer-Known-issues-and-Tip...

(Note: I was informed by the developing team that the issue with the paths will be resolved with version 2018.1.)

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report