Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minor Annoyance with Read Only Files

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JoshNelson
637 Views, 4 Replies

Minor Annoyance with Read Only Files

Well this won't be too exciting of a first post in this discussion group, but if I am trying to bring in some data to AIM from a DWG, if that DWG is open in  Autocad, then it fails immediately. I don't see why AIM needs "write access" to a file. It shouldn't matter right? It is only reading the data anyways and not modifying it right? So read only should suffice. Or at least make the error message more meaningful. It just says "Failed to connect to data source. Please refer to the log window for further details." But the log window is blank.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
knurrebusk
in reply to: JoshNelson

I just noticed your problem might be related to mine, and wonder if some other problems I´ve encountered is because of this.

I´ll check what files are whiteprotected, and who are not, but on a network this should not happen, I can´t copy everything to my PC, and etc write enable it, must be a bug.

Message 3 of 5
cjandrews22

Hey Josh,

Thanks for posting this.  Don't think we picked up on it.

We'll research to see if it's a defect.

Chris

Senior Product/Product Line Manger
Media and Entertainment Cloud Services
Autodesk
Message 4 of 5
JoshNelson

I confirmed that this is still an issue in 2013. The message log gives no information even though the error tells you to check the message log.  See attached screenshot. Just in case anyone searches for the exact error message, here is what it says:

Infrastructure Modeler 2013 cannot connect to the given file data sources. See the details and the Message Log for further information.

Josh

Message 5 of 5
knurrebusk

I moved my sourcefiles around a lot when testing SSD´s, and never understood why.

I also installed WIn 7 64, on 3 different disks connected to etc HD´s.

It worked out fine, on my last installment, it must be related to admin permissions, or something I never bother to do right.

For me it was not AIM related.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report