InfraWorks General Discussion

InfraWorks General Discussion

schmidtj
Message 1 of 4 (435 Views)

Issues with import from IMX Export

435 Views, 3 Replies
02-10-2012 08:38 AM

Civil 3D Surface elevation is ~2000. When that surface is import into AIM it's elevation is ~6000. Seems like a meters/feet issue but can't see where. AIM is set to measure in feet. Both AIM model & Civil 3D source drawing are assigned to NV83-EF. Any ideas?

Employee
eric.fain
Message 2 of 4 (429 Views)

Re: Issues with import from IMX Export

02-10-2012 10:54 AM in reply to: schmidtj

Hi. Thank you for posting. This is a known issue. There is a workaround, which is to scale the Z value on import by 

0.3048. Can you try that and see if that solves the problem? 

schmidtj
Message 3 of 4 (428 Views)

02-10-2012 10:55 AM in reply to: schmidtj

The landxml import of save surface seems to do the same thing. If reimported into civil 3d its at the right elevation.

Active Contributor
knurrebusk
Message 4 of 4 (419 Views)

02-10-2012 12:37 PM in reply to: eric.fain

Is this a m/ft thing!

My seperate export into 3ds Max suffer from some serious mis alignment!

I want everything perfect with FBX export, and notice small things, it might be same.

No problem!m I prefer to do it all in one file, and possible, but for laptops, etc this is not an option.

I got ssd/ram that IM love!, if money but it, IM only 5000$, my boss got it for free on top of it, but not the map/real deal he he.

Is IM gonna deliver cloud GE service, integrated with Civil3d, map3d, Revit, ahh, I got dreams for IM.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.