Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with import from IMX Export

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
schmidtj
797 Views, 3 Replies

Issues with import from IMX Export

Civil 3D Surface elevation is ~2000. When that surface is import into AIM it's elevation is ~6000. Seems like a meters/feet issue but can't see where. AIM is set to measure in feet. Both AIM model & Civil 3D source drawing are assigned to NV83-EF. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
eric.fain
in reply to: schmidtj

Hi. Thank you for posting. This is a known issue. There is a workaround, which is to scale the Z value on import by 

0.3048. Can you try that and see if that solves the problem? 

Message 3 of 4
schmidtj
in reply to: schmidtj

The landxml import of save surface seems to do the same thing. If reimported into civil 3d its at the right elevation.

Message 4 of 4
knurrebusk
in reply to: eric.fain

Is this a m/ft thing!

My seperate export into 3ds Max suffer from some serious mis alignment!

I want everything perfect with FBX export, and notice small things, it might be same.

No problem!m I prefer to do it all in one file, and possible, but for laptops, etc this is not an option.

I got ssd/ram that IM love!, if money but it, IM only 5000$, my boss got it for free on top of it, but not the map/real deal he he.

Is IM gonna deliver cloud GE service, integrated with Civil3d, map3d, Revit, ahh, I got dreams for IM.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report