Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to blend coverage areas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
enelson
469 Views, 4 Replies

Is there a way to blend coverage areas?

Just wondering if there is a way to blend a coverage so its not just a sharp cutoff.  I attached a pic of my model to show what I am looking at.  Just wanted to check to see if anyone had input.  Thanks!

Erik Nelson
Win 10 64-bit, 1TB SSD, 128gb DDR4 Ram, AMD 24 Core Threadripper, NVIDIA GTX2060
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: enelson

Are you wanting to blend the grading or the display?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5
enelson
in reply to: BrianHailey

I should have been a bit more clear on that.  I was looking to blend the display.  The grading blends fine.  This is just a draped shapefile, and I was looking at a way to make the edges less sharp/softer.

Erik Nelson
Win 10 64-bit, 1TB SSD, 128gb DDR4 Ram, AMD 24 Core Threadripper, NVIDIA GTX2060
Message 4 of 5
BrianHailey

You can add an outline style to your coverage area. That's the best I can think of.

http://screencast.com/t/ckbZhi0G 

And, no, I don't know why I chose a fence material to be the outline of this area...

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 5
samlytle

It isn't possible in the way you are asking, but you could mess with it enough to 'sort of' get it to blend. This would involve making several textures between the one you are starting with and the one you are finishing with. For example if the starting texture had a darkness/color of 1 and the final had a darkness color of 5, you would make three additional textures in photoshop (or whatever) with the darkness/color of 2, 3 and 4. Then you would make donut shaped areas outwards from the initial texture.

After thinking about it, this would probably look sort of off in practice but it might be worth a shot if you haven't come up with anything else.

Good luck!

-Sam

Civil FX
The art of visualizing engineering design.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report