Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Model Extent

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1038 Views, 4 Replies

Invalid Model Extent

Can't change my model extents.  I define it by drawing a box around th earea I want to focus on and I get an "Invalid model boundary" warning and have to result in useing the entire model.  That is not acceptable b/c when I try to export my story board to a video, I run out of resources which by reducing the model extents, that would not happen.  I have attached a screen shot.  the blue box I drew using hte "BBox" button.  I donlt know why Infraworks refuses to accept the.  The X&Y coordinates came in automattically from the box.

infraworks-invalid boundary.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

changing the model extent should be always possible.
Have you checked if the proposed coordinates are actually valid for your model?
Try deleting the content of the Tile Cache folder usually under C:\Users\<<USER>>\Documents\Autodesk InfraWorks Models\MODEL.files\TileCache
Is it possible to share the model with me so that I can try to recreate the problem on my system with your data?

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 5
juan_soto
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Have the same issue, Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 5
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: juan_soto

Hi @juan_soto,

I have re-tested the issue and can confirm the error message if the database coordinate system is set to other than LL84.

For information - the best practise is to leave the database coordinate system at LL84 in InfraWorks.
See this blog post for detailed inforamtion and tips:

Best Practices: Coordinate Systems and Model Extents in InfraWorks 360

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 5

Hi @juan_soto,

the explanation why you are getting the error message is following:

• Each coordinate system has minimum and maximum boundaries per definition
  • The TX83-NCF for example has following defined:
    2015-10-01_0956.png
  • From your screenshot I can see that the model localtion is out of boundaries for Y
  • InfraWorks only lets you set a model extent that actually intersects the database coordinate system’s extents. 
  • You can, however, import and display data that lies outside the database CS’s extent, but changing the project boundaries does not work in this case.
  • Using the default of LL84 is recommended because its extent covers the whole earth – you will never have a problem setting a model extent.

What you can do now is to export your model as IMX with the new project boundary.

Otherwise, the only solutions seems to re-create your model with a coordinate system where the defined boundaries match to the actual location of the model.

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report