Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing license server

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
DougNelsonHolden
728 Views, 8 Replies

Installing license server

I am not sure if this is the right place. I am talking about Autodesk Infrastruccture Design Suite Premium 2013. This forum topic is the closest title on here to that. I want to install the license server on a single W2003 server. I cannot register the software because it does not recognize my serial number; yet I cannot get it to recognize my serial number because it is not registered. This is a royal pain. I have been pleading with Autodesk to please contact me or let me know how I can contact them. This has been the biggest pain to install, and has taken a week of back and forth so far. Please help.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: DougNelsonHolden

have you tried contacting your reseller?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
DougNelsonHolden
in reply to: DarrenP

It was purchased by our engineering folks. I am IT. That is my next possible step. Is that the best I can hope for here? I was really hoping for some customer service from Autodesk, but for all the money we pay them, it seems sorely lacking.
Message 4 of 9
DarrenP

your company probably bought the software from an Authorized Autodesk Reseller any support goes through them and they pass it off to autodesk if they can't help you

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
DarrenP

but if its just a serial number issue

try calling Autodesk Activation dept @ 1-800-551-1490

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
DougNelsonHolden

Thank you, that is a start. They don't give any phone numbers or contact info. I'm on there now: 1 for English Why can't they just give a name and number? Nothing beats good old fashioned "CUSTOMER SERVICE".
Message 7 of 9
DarrenP

all customer service/support is all through the reseller channel and usually not directly through autodesk unless your company has some sort of agreement with autodesk

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 9

Licensing is done as a separate module at Autodesk and so I'm not sure if you will get much support from this list from Autodesk (who I think are mostly focused on the core product).  I did a quick search of our autodesk.com site and under the support tab there is a section for Installation & licensing that seems to have some documentation.  And from there, there is also a pointer to an installation and licensing forum: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24. I know that this doesn't answer the problems that you are having, but perhaps the above forum will have some pointers in case the activation that DarrenP suggests doesn't work for you.

Tom Fukushima
Software Development Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 9
DougNelsonHolden

I just got off the phone with Autodesk. I think I just racked up my fourth or fifth case number on this problem. This has been a pretty bad experience so far, worse than even Microsoft. At least it is better than the days of the PS/2 dongle key things with serialized floppy disks. Or maybe not. I am astounded at the reluctance to give a name, phone number, and email address for support people though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report