Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial problems with Infraworks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
552 Views, 2 Replies

Initial problems with Infraworks

I started 2 days ago to work with Infraworks, to see what I can do with it. Ok, after lot of attempts I did something.

I have C3D DTM and pipe network plus some ECW rasters. I would like to import and play a bit with those data inside of Infraworks. Concluded that IMX file is the best way for communication (after attempting LandXML, AutoCAD 3D, Civil 3D dwg, ...). I exported all data from C3D to IMX and Infraworks imported fine.

I managed thematic map of pipes based on diameters (feature map), tooltip, tables, .... After 2 days of working pretty good.

But I have several unsolved questions. Maybe someone knows the answers.

1. When I import IMX, is it possible to restrict which data would be imported. In import dialog it is possible to see all the data which will be imported, but how to say that I do not want all of them?

2. Connected to the first question. I can show table view of one item, let's say pipeline. From import I have cca 50 data which is shown in the table. Can I somehow restrict what will be shown in the table? Can I rearrange column order - i.e. to show in the first few columns just those important. Majority of columns in the table are empty anyway. Drag and drop of the columns does not function.

3. Tooltip. Succeeded to create tooltip with the data i.e. of diameter. But it appears only if terrain is not visible. Whatever I did and changed if terrain is visible I cannot see tooltip.

4. IMX export. Does anybody know if there is API for IMX export/import? I didn't find any information about it.

Drazen

Infraworks 360 (r4)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jutters
in reply to: Anonymous

Regarding question 1)

You can spatially restrict the data that is being imported to your current model extent on the "Source" tab of the import dialog (for using a custom extend for the import you can temporarly adjust your model extents for the import accordingly).

Didn't selecting the IMX for import result in different data sources for the different target feature types (pipes, ground surface/terrain, etc.)? Only what you import via Refresh (or Close&Refresh from the import dialog) will actually be imported to your model data. "Configured" data sources are not imported yet (just prepared/configured for the import triggered on a Refresh).

Regarding question 2)

Did you try the "Property Inspector" (e.g. spawn by Ctrl+2). That one only displays the internal database properties of the current selection. So, when using the "Data Table" window and selecting feature rows in there, this selection will be propagated to the scene (with "Automatic Zoom To Selection" turned on, the view is also updated to show the complete selection) as well as the "Property Inspector".

The Property Inspector groups the properties more meaningful than the plain data table view (the grouping is also customizable using a custom schema) and also allows groups to be collapsed/expanded.

Regarding question 3)

Sounds like a defect to me. I guess if the terrain is visible (even with transparency set to 0), the mouse hits the terrain and no further ray intersection is applied (thus no tooltip for potentially hit underground features is displayed).

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jutters

Hi Jutters,

Thank you for your answer.

Regarding question 1, I don't want to spatially restrict data. I would like to have all the pipe elements. What I would like is to have just 5 or 6 necessary data (profile, pipe name, ...) not to have tag, description and other 50 data. Data table is not visible, it has many empty columns, cannot rearragne order of columns. It is shown in my attached picture.

Property inspector does not give me necessary information.

Just imagine that I have 300 pipes and in data table I would like to see - pipe name, pipe description, diameter (x and y size), length .... I am not interesting to see tag, link, creation date, termination date ... and all the rest.

What do you think, is it possible.

I will check with the other import options to achieve that.

Regards,

Drazen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report