Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks will not stop refreshing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TheHound
631 Views, 3 Replies

Infraworks will not stop refreshing

So I import a Terrain via IMX Export from AutoCAD 2014 and I bring some shapefiles representing below ground piping and Infraworks will not stop refreshing.  The Terrain on its own works great and the pipes on their own works great. Together they make Infraworks sad 😞 After waiting for about 30 minutes it finally stops refreshing but loads only half the model (See screen shot.)  Any suggestions?

Infraworks.png

Some specs on my set up:

Civil 3D 2014 & Infraworks 2014 up to date

Windows 7

i7 3.33 GHz

24 GB RAM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Varhun.Prasad
in reply to: TheHound

Hi Mate,

Did you end up finding a resolution for this issue?

How many IMX's are you pulling in as a terrain? Is it just one surface or multiple? What I found is if you have multiple surfaces and two of them overlap (even very slightly) then the overlapping one becomes priority and stays visible whereas the other one remains invisible.

What size area are the two data sources covering? Go to the View tab and select the Home button. Does it zoom out very far? if thats the case then your coordinates are out for the two files.

Hopefully you have this sorted. If not then we can work through it.

Regards,

Varhun

Regards,
Varhun
Message 3 of 4
TheHound
in reply to: Varhun.Prasad

Hi,

So I actually ended up reverting back to AIM (And Civil 3D 2012) and everything is working great.  I am only brining in one surface IMX which covers about 7 miles.  I discovered that in Infraworks it kept trying to refresh the surface whenever I would bring anything else into the model ( It would say "Fixing Surface, Fixing rTrees).  I am thinking that Civil 3D 2014 is the problem and is doing something weird to the coordinates of the surface because like I said, on its own the surface works great in Infraworks but anything else in their screws it up. Hopefully you have something up your sleeve because I really want to build this project in Infraworks.

Message 4 of 4
Varhun.Prasad
in reply to: TheHound

Hmm that's interesting.....Have you tried exporting the surface as a DEM or TIFF instead of an IMX? I know it's not a solution but it may be a workaround for the current issue.

Would you be willing to share your files with me so I can replicate your workflow on my end and see how things go?

Regards,
Varhun

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report