Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks intersection

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
RavchukNA
3486 Views, 16 Replies

Infraworks intersection

Hello! 

Tell me, please, how can I create my own vehicle to the intersection?

Vehicle.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
tcorey
in reply to: RavchukNA

How are you getting to that dialog?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 17
RavchukNA

I created two design road with intersection and selected new object - a crossroad. How can I create my own vehicle to the intersection?

Message 4 of 17
RavchukNA
Message 5 of 17
tcorey

I have found this file:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\InfraWorks 2014 R2\Resources\Standards\Roads\Common\Rules\IntersectionDesign_Rules.clp

which can be edited with Notepad. Part of this file includes reference to VehicleType.

If you like to dig through the program, that's a starting point. I'm going to look a little deeper, but I don't know if I'll be able to provide an answer. I hate to say, "It can't be done," but I might end up having to say, "I can't do it."

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 6 of 17
tcorey
in reply to: tcorey

I think I found it:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\InfraWorks 2014 R2\Resources\Standards\Roads\DesignStandards\Intersection_AASHTO_Imperial_2011.clp

(or the metric version.)

The contents of the file specify the various design vehicle names and the mid-curve radius to set based on the turn angle. This info should get you to where you can make changes to the design by adding your vehicles to this file.

Please note the copyright at the top. The way I read it, you need to get written permission from Autodesk if you want to modify this file.

If you are able to accomplish this feat, please be sure to follow up to this thread.

Sorry, but due to the copyright notice, I'm can't go any further with this.

Good luck!

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 7 of 17
RavchukNA
in reply to: tcorey

Thank you very much!

Message 8 of 17
neilyj666

I'm guessing this functionality is in the "expensive" edition of Infraworks?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 9 of 17
RavchukNA
in reply to: neilyj666

Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014 - оnly in this build has this functionality

Message 10 of 17
lawrence.sander

To RavchukNA's comment I would add that the design vehicle rating selections for intersections are now available to InfraWorks 360 Pro subscribers with Roadway Design for InfraWorks 360 Pro as well. (By the way, this functionality works with intersections of design roads, not with the basic ("spline") roads that come standard with InfraWorks.) For more about the rule-based intersections, see our blog post at http://autode.sk/152AttS.

Message 11 of 17

Lawrence, I downloaded and installed Pro (R3) and there is no difference from R2.  All the videos about it show a button for "Create Civil 3D Drawings".  However, it is not showing up.  Any thoughts/ideas?

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 12 of 17

@ Todd: Probably a little off topic for this thread, but I'm looking into that. Thanks.
Message 13 of 17

Thank you Lawrence.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 14 of 17

@ Todd re buttons: In InfraWorks 360 Pro with Roadway Design, on the ribbon, you should see Home > View Civil 3D Drawings. Clicking the View Civil 3D Drawings button opens a 3-page wizard that says "Create Civil 3D Drawings" at the top. When you reach the third page of the wizard, the button for placing the order is "Generate."
(If you do not see these things, it means that you still need to activate Roadway Design from within InfraWorks. To do that, close your model without exiting InfraWorks. On the left, under "Vertical Applications," click "Activate Roadway Design" and follow the prompts, which will ask for your credentials.)
The help topic on this is at http://help.autodesk.com/view/ICD/2014/ENU/ at Roads and Highways > To generate Civil 3D drawings of design roads.

Message 15 of 17

Hey Lawrence.  I finally got a serial number for this.  It's working fine now.  Thanks for the info.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 16 of 17
ajramirez

have the infrastructure design suite ultimate installed with subscribcion and yet I can not create intersections, is there to do some kind of configuration? or How I can solve the problem? thanks

Message 17 of 17
ajramirez

have the infrastructure design suite ultimate installed with subscribcion and yet I can not create intersections, is there to do some kind of configuration? or How I can solve the problem? thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report