Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INFRAWORKS-ACAD SOLID MODELS

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
CADEngr2014
417 Views, 1 Reply

INFRAWORKS-ACAD SOLID MODELS

Hello,

I am using Infraworks 2014.

I have several AutoCAD solid models of buildings, a lake dam, railroad bridge, etc.  I have imported the solid models as one large AutoCAD dwg data file containing all solids.  I have selected Group by: Source Type, and right clicked on the data to configure.  I have set all selections to: style_backgroundcolor as type: Buildings and Source: Vector.  However, I notice some of the buildings, lake dam and railroad bridge do not appear in the Infraworks model.  It seems that I should be importing each solid as its own separate data to have control over its style?  Or do I need to export to a particular file format from AutoCAD before trying to utilize in Infraworks?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello CADEngr2014,

the recommended and probably best workflow in your case is to create separate files for each of your solid models and import the data into InfraWorks as 3D Model. The file formats you can choose are .3ds, .dae, .dxf, .fbx, .obj - whereas I recommend using 3ds or FBX.

Using separate files you will have the best control over each solid regarding scale, placement, data type, configuration, properties, etc.

Best Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report