Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

infraworks 360 viewer - comments?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
k.lew
725 Views, 5 Replies

infraworks 360 viewer - comments?

I can't seem to enable comments on my 360 viewer - it's grayed out.

does anybody know how to fix this? thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Nora.Li
in reply to: k.lew

Hi, Is the scenario a public scenario? Are you encountering this issue on all of your scenarios? It's intended for public scenario: public scenario is accessible by anyone who get the urls of the scenario, and it's read-only, you cannot add any comments on it. Hope it's helpful. Best regards, Nora
Nora.Li
Message 3 of 6
k.lew
in reply to: Nora.Li

Sorry Nora, can you clarify? The disabling of comments is intended for public scenarios?

I have only published private scenarios; our group members must login to view our scenarios. But for some reason they cannot comment.
Message 4 of 6
Nora.Li

Hi, if the scenario is set as Public at publishing, then after it's published, anyone can access the scenario by url, without logging in with Autodesk Account, like the scenario I created below https://infraworks360.autodesk.com/viewer/index.html?url=https://infraworks360.autodesk.com/api/acco... When opening this scenario without login, you are not able to post any comments. Another case, it could be the situation on your side: others in your group is added with role as Author, Author is a limited role and is not able to post any comment to scenarios. And you could select role Reader, who is also limited to access the model, but he can post comments. Hope it's helpful. Best regards, Nora
Nora.Li
Message 5 of 6
k.lew
in reply to: Nora.Li

I see.  Makes sense about the public scenarios.

Seems to be a perplexing situation with my private scenarios though.  We've tried all positions - publisher, author, reader, and admin - no comments enabled for anyone. 

I must be doing missing a setting or something when I publish scenarios?
I found this in the manual: http://docs.autodesk.com/ICD/2014/ENU/index.html?url=files/GUID-2195722A-37BD-4054-A7B2-FF7C24BD08B7...

I found the "design feed" button within the Infraworks desktop application.  In another model, I was strangely able to post a comment in that design feed which enabled comments on my scenarios for that model.  That model has the "link to scenario" option under design feed though (see attached image).  My larger model that I'm still having trouble with, unable to enable comments anyway I try, says "no published scenario" when I hover - even though I have published scenarios for that model (they are listed under "scenarios").  Very confusing.

Message 6 of 6

sounds like an issue for this specific model. Would you please attach more screenshots so that we can dig out the cause? screenshot on the model opened in InfraWorks Desktop( including log-in status, scenario browsers, design feed pannel) screenshot on the scenario opened in Browser( including log-in status)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report