Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

infraworks 360 trial update not installing

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
abrogan
1477 Views, 12 Replies

infraworks 360 trial update not installing

Hope you kind folks can help me.

I have the infastructre design suite installed on my pc and decided to give infraworks 360 a go . So i downloaded the trial . Unfortunately i couldnt access the model builder as my work internet web marshall wouldnt allow me access to certain aspects of the program. I had to get un restricted access to the internet for it to work. Eventually i got into the model builder with only 3 days left on my trial but even though i had installed the 2015.3 update from the application manager my version was still 2015.2 

So i uninstalled infraworks 360 and tried to reinstall the updated version but it says the older version is still installed although it is definitley unistalled. I would have probably purchased this software but with the time remaining on the trial and if i cant get it to work i really cant show my bosses what it can do . so a quick fix would be appreciated.

Regards,

Alan b

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
abrogan
in reply to: abrogan

Managed to install 2015.2 from a previous download, but cant update it . I think auotdesk has lost a client on this one. it downloads the update but it wont install .
Message 3 of 13
judgedana

Hi Alan,

We have an update for InfraWorks 360 that can be downloaded from this InfaWorks 360 Trial 2015.3.  This will update your version to the latest.  If your trial has expired, please let me know and we can see about extending for you to finish the project you were working on.

Any issues, please let me know.  Thanks!  Dana

Message 4 of 13
abrogan
in reply to: judgedana

still wont work. it says i have version 2015.2 installed and aborts the installation.

here is the lines from the logfile

Installing Autodesk Application Manager: "C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_InfraWorks360_2015_R3_Win_64bit_DLM\x64\en-US\Tools\AppManager\AdApplicationManager-installer.exe" --mode unattended
2015/1/12:16:28:17 abrogan ROADS_83 Install Autodesk Application Manager Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1
2015/1/12:16:28:17 xxxxxxxx Installing Autodesk® InfraWorks 360: TRANSFORMS="C:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI2714.tmp\x64\IW360\IModeler-standalone.mst" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_InfraWorks360_2015_R3_Win_64bit_DLM\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\InfraWorks 360\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2015/1/12:16:28:30 xxxxxxx Install Autodesk® InfraWorks 360 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603
2015/1/12:16:28:30 xxxxxxxx Rollback Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1605

I probably need an extension to the trial as my autodesk account says i have 0 days out of 30 left although the program says i have 2 days left when i open it.

Thanks for your help
Message 5 of 13
judgedana

Hi Alan,

Would you try uninstalling application manager and then running through the install again?  Let me know if this works then we can work on the extended trial.

Thanks!  Dana

Message 6 of 13
abrogan
in reply to: judgedana

Doesnt work Dana,

uninstalled application manager, then ran it, it wouldnt install with 2015.2 on it so i uninstalled 2015.2 and ran it again, its still telling me 2015.2 is installed. 

It still shows up on the uninstall tool in the common files folder but when i try to uninstall from there it crashes.

I'm getting a new workstation this week so i might try it on that, will the trial be connected to my autodesk account or the workstation? 

Message 7 of 13
judgedana

The link I sent you is for 2015.3, not 2015.2.  The trial should be updated to this new version as well.  When you get the new machine, you will be able to install the trial and start again for another 30 days.  If you continue to have issues, please let me know.  You can reach out to me directly at dana.judge@autodesk.com.

What other Autodesk software is on the machine?  I am wondering if you have InfraWorks from the suite or another version that is looking to be updated as well.

Thanks!!  Dana

Message 8 of 13
alison.gangler

Hi,

If the install is still showing that 2015.2 version is installed, this sounds like it could be due to some remnants of the 2015.2 that were left behind by the Windows Installer service. Please note that this can occur on a PC but that Microsoft has provided an excellent utility to help clean up and resolve this kind of behavior.

Here is the link for the Microsoft Install/Uninstall Troubleshooting utility that will remove any traces of the prior version:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Please send an update whether this helps and I hope it does.

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler

Install Engineer

IPG – Infrastructure Collaboration Products

Autodesk, Inc.

ADSKGraphic.jpg

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 13
JennG13

I'm having the same problem.  Even when I clicked the link that was provided it was still the R2 version.  I even uninstalled the other version before trying the new install.  Any other tips?

Thanks,

Jenn

Message 10 of 13
judgedana
in reply to: JennG13

Hi Jenn,

Try this link

http://efulfillment.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/IW360P/DLM/Autodesk_InfraWorks360_2015_R3_Win_64bit_... or go to the trial download page here.....http://www.autodesk.com/products/infraworks-360/free-trial

Good luck & keep me posted.

Thanks!

Dana

Message 11 of 13
JennG13

Update:  So in the latest installed verision, in the about, it says it is version 2015.3, however on the home screen I'm getting the notice that it is not that version and I'm not able to use Model Builder.

Thanks

Jenn

Message 12 of 13
JennG13

Thank you Dana!  It is now working.  With the newest install, it worked once I logged out of 360 and logged back in.

Message 13 of 13
judgedana

Great news Jenn!!  Glad you are up and running.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report