Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks 360 2015R3 FBX Export

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rcochran
1011 Views, 7 Replies

Infraworks 360 2015R3 FBX Export

Is anyone else having issues with exporting you 3d model?  When I export to FBX format, all the objects that I have placed in my Infraworks model are now scaled down.  Image-1 is what it looks like in Infraworks, Image-2 is what the exported FBX looks like.  Even the trees, which are standard Infraworks tress, are scalled down.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Eric_Chappell
in reply to: rcochran

rcochran, are you importing the FBX into Civil 3D or some AutoCAD-based product? If so, when you use the Import command to bring the FBX in, you may notice that there is a Unit Conversion section on the FBX Import Options dialog box. If the units are the same between your InfraWorks model  and your DWG, you may be able to solve the issue by setting both values to 1.

units.png

Eric Chappell
Message 3 of 8
rcochran
in reply to: Eric_Chappell

Eric-

At first I thought it was something in my Infraworks model that was causing the scaling issue.  I used the Autodesk provided, Fremont2015.3 Infraworks file and the results were the same.

First I checked the units of the model.

units.JPG

Then I exported as a 3d Model

export-fbx.JPG

I then Imported the FBX file into 3dstudio Max

fbx-import.JPG

When I look at the imported model I get this.

3ds-fbx.JPG

Instead of this (in Infraworks)

infraworks.JPG

It looks like the models in the infraworks model are scaling at a different scale factor.  This is only happing when I am using Infraworks 360 2015R3.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help

Message 4 of 8
Willy_Campbell
in reply to: rcochran

Hi Robert,

Service Pack 1 for InfraWorks 2015.3 was released last week, and specifically addresses some found import and export issues. You can find SP1 here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks-360/downloads/caas/downloads/content/infraworks-360...

Try this update, and see if that helps with your export issues.

Willy Campbell
Message 5 of 8
rcochran
in reply to: Willy_Campbell

I ran the patch and still have the same result.

Am I the only one having this issue?

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Eric_Chappell

Eric:  Has this issue been resolved.  I am having the same issues with the latest release of Infraworks.  (The trees are scalled down).  It looks like it is treating the tree blocks in as they are in meters.  The rest of the file is OK.  The Imported "assests" from the Infraworks library are scaled down in the export to FBX.  I have an older version of Infraworks (2015 I think) installed on my work machine and the export is OK (without scaling).  Any ideas?

Message 7 of 8
dave.tyner
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi all, 

Out of curiosity have you tried exporting as Multiple Objects and/or deselecting Merge Objects With The Same Texture? I noticed a big improvement in model quality especially when deselecting Merge Objects With The Same Texture. Deselecting that can blow up your file size tremendously depeding on scene complexity which is why I suggest exporting to Multiple Objects. It's best to test this workflow in a smaller area.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: dave.tyner

I tried the  "Multiple Objects and deselecting Merge Objects With The Same Texture" and I am still seeing the same problem.  It still appear that the object exported in the FBX is scaled down 0.30.  A foot to meter issue.  Perhaps I have a setting that is not correct as my Infraforks project is set to a state plance in feet.  Don't know.  Is this a bug in the FBX export routine as the assests in  Infraworks are assumed to be in meters?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report