Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks 2015 vs Infraworks 360- edit roads

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
NDM_USER
777 Views, 2 Replies

Infraworks 2015 vs Infraworks 360- edit roads

I have imported an imx file with roads and surface using Infraworks 2015 - (Ultimate Suite). I can't edit the roads or change the default style with the desktop version however in Infraworks 360 I can . Beside the fact that Autodesk wants more money from me ........Any ideas why is this happening?

Second issue - In infraworks 360 everytime when I change the road style the road profile gets burried to zero elevation , To fix the  profile issue you need to go back to geometry editor and hit recreate profile. ..

Cheers 

Dorin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: NDM_USER

@dvemis wrote:

I have imported an imx file with roads and surface using Infraworks 2015 - (Ultimate Suite). I can't edit the roads or change the default style with the desktop version however in Infraworks 360 I can . Beside the fact that Autodesk wants more money from me ........Any ideas why is this happening?....

Yes. Autodesk removed that feature from InfraWorks 2015 this year when they decided to offer InfraWorks 360. That is one of the features that differentiates InfraWorks from InfraWorks 360.

I don't like that Autodesk decided remove alignments from IMX Export. Being able to bring alignments from InfraWorks would be a significant workflow enhancement and it's one that was present last year. Autodesk, keep the profile creation and other higher-end functions in 360, but give us back the ability to export alignments.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: NDM_USER

Hi Dorin,

regarding to the second issue you mentioned - this is a known program limitation in the current version. The workaround is - as you said - to recreate the profile.
The Autodesk InfraWorks development team is working on a fix for one of the next product cycle releases.

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report