Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infraworks 2015 unstable

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
katrisoonberg
1275 Views, 4 Replies

Infraworks 2015 unstable

Hi 

I am a newbeginner and trying to explore Infraworks. But I seem to get an error...or I don`t know how to call it...it is not exactly a crash cause program is working. 

So I import my terrain model as .imx file and some shape files from civil3d and make them as coverage areas. Some of them are visible when I slide mouse over but some of them are not. And then it happens...I get this globe on my program window and all the work seems to be disappeared. But when I look at the Data Source Window, I can see that all these objects are still there. I try to rightclick on an object in Data Source and choose select features...but I get only this globe....it should zoom in to the selected object.

So I am wondering what I am doing wrong.

I took printscreen of this...

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Katri,

have you configured all data sources you are using, especially assigned the correct coordinate system mode type?

Don't forget to select Close & Refresh in the configuration dialog.

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 5

It is not easy to explain but I think I have chosen the right coordinate system  (EUET-32) and elements I imported have I configured and refreshed. I started a new file and it worked fine until I tried to import a .dae model from sketchup...then I got a total crasch and the file is crashing now when opening. Its a bit depressing to lose many hours work 😞

Message 4 of 5

Hi Katri,

I am happy to hear that you were able to finally create and open the InfraWoks project.
I am unhappy to hear that you are not able to open the project anymore after adding the .dae file and that InfraWorks crashes.
For a first troubleshooting step please follow the instructions in this knowledge article:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/How-to-recover-an-Infraworks-Project
If this does not help to get the InfraWorks Project working again I will send you more instructions to delete and rebuild the git repository on the command line level, which will loose all proposal information and any connection to the cloud.

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 5

Hi Katri,

after analyzing you InfraWorks model the .dae file was found to be the reason why the program crashes. After deleting the data source from the sqlite database InfraWorks does not crash anymore. Editing the sqlite database of a model is not documented and not recommended.
The recommended solution for you is to start a new model and rebuild your project.
Near future versions of InfraWorks will check the data sources before the import for possible errors in order to avoid program crashes like these. 

Regarding to the "zoom to globe" issue double check if the shape files use the long coordinate notation of UTM 32 (32 000 000). InfraWorks cannot handle the long notation. Either save the shape file with short notation (without the leading 32) or adjust the shape data with a shift of X = -32000000 in the data source configuration.

I hope this helps,
Karsten

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report