Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

infraworks 2014 rail style

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jaturner
476 Views, 4 Replies

infraworks 2014 rail style

I am trying to put some crossing in my rail line, but when I do part of the lines disappear..  I have checked the elevations.  Is there some setting for intersections that I am missing?  This is a style that I created from a copy of the original rail.

Thanks,

Julie Turner-Mitchell

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
haik2
in reply to: jaturner

Hi Julie!

I haven't seen this effect before. Does the same thing happen, when you draw the lightrail crossing in some other place of your model?

Haik.

Haik Lorenz
Software Developer

Message 3 of 5
jaturner

Haik,

I have 10 miles of track in the video. I have created another video where it does not happen. It seems very random. I have broken the video in to 6 pieces, I have messed with the settings but to no avail. It is maddening.

Julie Turner-Mitchell
Senior AutoCAD Operator
Public Works Department
City of Aurora
15151 E Alameda Pkwy
Aurora, Colorado 80012
Desk: 303-739-7452
jaturner@auroragov.org
[The Core 4 Live IRCSP email_2]
Message 4 of 5
haik2

What puzzles me is the cutoff. The top left part even has a corner cut out. The only thing being able to produce something similar is tiling. Could you share a wireframe screenshot? Alternatively, could you share a stripped down version of your city model?

Thanks,

Haik.

Haik Lorenz
Software Developer

Message 5 of 5
jaturner

Haik,

I think I may have it figured out. I think it was where a street and a rail line were very close, but were off in elevation approx 2 feet. It created a hole. With the angle of the camera so low, it may have caught that hole. That's the only thing I can think of since I closed up the hole and changed my camera angle, it fixed both areas. This program can be very cool and very frustrating as well.

Julie Turner-Mitchell
Senior AutoCAD Operator
Public Works Department
City of Aurora
15151 E Alameda Pkwy
Aurora, Colorado 80012
Desk: 303-739-7452
jaturner@auroragov.org
[The Core 4 Live IRCSP email_2]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report