Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX and Corridors

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mbyee28
1001 Views, 3 Replies

IMX and Corridors

Hi!

ANyone of you importing your Corridors from IMX (from Civil 3D)? I want to know whether thre's something wrong with my workflow. I have exported my Surface together with a corridor. I import the corridor only in AIM 2012 and it looked good-->it inherited the render material it has from Civil 3D.

I created another corridor in Civil 3D using the same assemblies I used in the 1st Corridor,then export to IMX. However, when I imported the corridor, it didnt inherit the same render material. it looked plain as if I just created it in AIM directly. I can see that it cut the surface but the render material is not there.

I'm quite new in AIM. We will be using it for a big project here in ASEAN to be able to create a nice visualization showing all the proposed scnearios together with the existing. I just want to seek help if the problem I'm encountering has a solution. I have attached the screenshots of the said corridors. Hope anyone out there can help me. Thanks

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.de.leeuw
in reply to: mbyee28

Hi, when you configure your IMX import in AIM 2013 you can set an option to have the C3D corridor show up as native objects or as an AIM Road Style. See attached.

This option isn't available in AIM 2012

Message 3 of 4
mbyee28
in reply to: john.de.leeuw

Thanks for the help! I'll try this out using 2013 version instead....will install it later and update the thread when I see the results.

Message 4 of 4
mbyee28
in reply to: mbyee28

I have already installed AIM 2013 and yes the corridor looks nicer now, it can inherit the render material it has from Civil 3D...Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report