Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX 2012 <> 2013 schema import problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
john.de.leeuw
1024 Views, 7 Replies

IMX 2012 <> 2013 schema import problem

When importing an C3D 2012 IMX Surface into AIM 2013 I get the following error:

IMX schema version is not supported (see attached)

Changing the main AIM Schema Template File back to the 2012 version doesn't solve this.

It seems there are different IMX export versions like 2012 and 2013 versions.

Is there a workaround? Importing this IMX into C3D2013 crashes Civil and C3D2012 doesn't have an import function for IMX only Export.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Since IMX is targeting the data exchange between AIM and C3D it is not a "long term" storage format for exported projects. So only AIM 2012 <-> C3D 2012 and AIM 2013 <-> C3D 2013 workflows are supported right now and not across different release years of the 2 products...

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 3 of 8

any new solution now? I want to load IMX version 2012 into Infraworks 2015. Is it possible to upgrade IMX?
GIS
Message 4 of 8
savon
in reply to: john.de.leeuw

If it is just a surface just export as a DEM in .tif format.

Message 5 of 8
ABielecki
in reply to: savon

How?

Using older version?

GIS
Message 6 of 8

So Autodesk really doesn't care about interoperability? If I'm not mistaken IMX is an Autodesk created format and didn't care enough to make have a goal of interoperability? So disappointed to hear that interoperability is a catch phrase at Autodesk and not being programmed to.

Message 7 of 8
savon
in reply to: christopher

I'm not really sold on IMX import/export yet.  From Civil 3D I always export my surfaces as a DEM in .tif format.  However, IMX export from Infraworks to Civil 3D is pretty good but I really only use it for surfaces and pipenetworks.  On occasion though I will get a degraded IMX surface when I export from Infraworks but usually it gets fixed if I refresh the model. 

Message 8 of 8
ABielecki
in reply to: savon

Is it possible to import IMX file into Civil 2012 at all?

In this version it doesnt't exist any tool to make this

GIS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report