Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geo-Refference for Switzerland not correct

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
LombUser
433 Views, 2 Replies

Geo-Refference for Switzerland not correct

Hello

I hope my translations from the German installation of InfraWorks fit the correct terms in the English installation.

To the problem:

- I've created a DGM within Autodesk Civil3D

- Created an IMX file within Autodesk Civil3D

- Created a DEM file within Autodesk Civil3D

When creating a new project with InfraWorks it asks me to enter a project coordinate system, where I can add my DEM file. After adding the correct file I also chose the Swiss CH1903Plus_1.LV95/01 system, which should be the correct one. (Swiss system works in meters and in Bern its 600'000/200'000)

The coordinates I get displayed though are completely wrong, as they display something along 5.0/20.0

After accepting it, all tough it’s wrong I tried to add the IMX or the DGM file with the same coordinate system. Both would end up somewhere around central-west Africa, although it's supposed to be in Switzerland.

Is there anyone who can help me find a solution for this problem?

Kind regards

J

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: LombUser

Hello Joshua,

it is difficult to suggest something in this case without having a look at the data.
Generally there is no known issue with the Swiss Coordinate Systems, InfraWorks and Civil 3D actually share the same coordinate system database.

Is it possible to share the Civil 3D drawing with the surface (DGM) or part of the surface?

Best Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 3

Hi Joshua,

I can confirm an issue with the Swiss Coordinate System CH1903Plus_1.LV95/01, the defined boundaries seem to be wrong and I have informed our development team of it.

You can either duplicate the coordinate system in Civil 3D and adjust the boundaries or select another coordinate system such as Swiss Plus.

Best Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report