Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX models display white in Infraworks 360 2015

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
glacoste
1631 Views, 7 Replies

FBX models display white in Infraworks 360 2015

I recently installed Infraworks 360 2015 and when I import any of my revit models the buildings come in without any textures just the color white (the same FBX files displayed correct in Infraworks 2014).

I attached a image of what it looks like.

Thanks,

Gerry

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: glacoste

Are you using the local import, or the cloud import?

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 8
glacoste

The Revit models are local but i imported the 3d model in a cloud project and a local project and in both cases the revit models came in white.

Message 4 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM

If it's a Revit model, just skip the FBX and import the Revit model directly into InfraWorks.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 8
glacoste

But if i bring in the revit model it will bring in everything if i export out a fbx file i can clean up the bldg for Infraworks. but the problem is how come i can see the textures in 2014 Infraworks and not in 2015 Infraworks 360.

Gerry

Message 6 of 8
Willy_Campbell

Hi Gerald,

You could clean up your model, and save-as the RVT file to reduce the output. That, or clean up and export an IFC. I have seen better results from IFC imports to InfraWorks 360 than the RVT files.

Willy Campbell
Message 7 of 8
Karsten.Saenger

Hi Gerald,

one other thing you could try: Install the Autodesk Medium Resolution Materials Image Library 2015 or make sure it is installed.

It is not automatically installed when you install InfraWorks 2015 and the Material Library from 2014 is not used by InfraWorks 2015.

In case you are looking for an installer navigate to http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Best Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 8 of 8
glacoste
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for sending me on the right path but downloading the "mediumImageLibrary2015.msi" file did not correct the problem.

I had to load the "MaterialLibrary2015.msi" file.

The way I found this out was my Colleague with the same problem downloaded a trial version of Civil3D 2015 because we currently have Civil3D 2014. The process worked and his Revit building displayed correctly. We looked at his directory and saw that it came with 2 msi files, the "MaterialLibrary2015.msi" and "BaseImageLibrary2015.msi" files. I took his "MaterialLibrary2015.msi" file and loaded it on my machine and voila it worked.

Autodesk might want to include these files with the Infraworks 360 program or include it with the "Autodesk Medium Resolution Materials Image Library 2015" download.

Thank you, to everyone that responded to my problem, it was greatly appreciated.

Gerry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report