Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Storyboard to a video

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jamy.atkinson
3132 Views, 6 Replies

Exporting Storyboard to a video

Can anyone give me any recommendations on the best settings to use when exporting a storyboard. I have tried exporting using the DV Video Encoder, MJPEG Compressor, and the Windows Media Video encoder. All 3 give either a choppy video or bad quality. I have also tried changing the frame rate and resolutions and not had much success. I can get a good high quality looking video on my computer, and then when it plays on another machine it looks terrible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

jamy

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I posted settings on another board.  Go here.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7
samlytle
in reply to: jamy.atkinson

Use the Windows Media settings and set the bit rate really high. I typically use between 10,000 - 20,000 kbps and it turns out really crisp. Also make sure to use 1920 x 1080. The file will be big if it is a long video, but it is worth it to me.

Also make sure antialiasing is turned to the highest setting (8x) before you record.

-Sam

Civil FX
The art of visualizing engineering design.
Message 4 of 7
jbeechinor
in reply to: samlytle

I have tried all of the recommended setting but I keep getting a video that is just a constant black screen for the duration of the animation.  What am I doing wrong? 

Message 5 of 7

@jbeechinor Were you able play the storyboard and see the content? Are you noticing this issue only while exporting on even while you are playing?

Regards,

Ramesh S
Product Manager - Infrastructure Solutions

Ramesh.Sridharan@autodesk.com

Ramesh Sridharan
Product Manager
Message 6 of 7
roskirko
in reply to: jamy.atkinson

AVI is the one to use.

Watch Mark Kauffman's presentation from Autodesk University from 2019.

The key point about a smooth video is at the 58 minute mark +/-.

https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/Ten-Cool-Tricks-Make-You-More-Productive-InfraWor...

The whole topic is entitled: 

Ten Cool Tricks to Make You More Productive with InfraWorks
Geographic Information Systems
Fanshawe College
Message 7 of 7

I only get the issue on exported videos.  When I playback the storyboard in Infraworks, it looks awesome!  Then I input all the recommended settings and export and get a black screen for the exact duration of my storyboard.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report