Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Invalid Extents on New Model Define City Extent

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kbarnettza
1281 Views, 5 Replies

Error Invalid Extents on New Model Define City Extent

IM 2013.

Using coordinate system: RSA-LO29/01

Extents needed (Y over 2 million):

Min … 86690,-2916160
Max … 87790,-2915140

result is .. error: Invalid Extents

The given extent does not intersect the defined boundaries of the model coordinate system! Valid extents must be in the range of [-194843; 0] - [194843; 1.00019e+07]

but...

IM does allow the import of data using these values .. just cant set the City Extent..

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kbarnettza
in reply to: kbarnettza

The solution for users in RSA is to use the Lo-xx-WGS coordinate system to define the City Extent.

Only use the RSA-LOxx/01 coordinate systems for importing IMX from C3D designs (when the reverse sign method is applied in C3D)

Message 3 of 6
Astrid
in reply to: kbarnettza

Hi, 

We are also in South Africa and tried this, but the error persists. 

It is happening to all of our IW projects based in SA and is proving troublesome.

We eventually managed to get it it export to FBX via one of the "test" coordinate systems, however the scale is very strangely out when taking the FBX into any other programme.

Is there anything else we can try?

Message 4 of 6
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: Astrid

Hi @Astrid,

what coordinate system (CS) are you using exactly?

I recently noticed some CS issues with South African CS's, see post https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/infraworks-forum/working-with-infraworks-in-south-africa/td-p/8651592

Regards,

Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 6
bim
Explorer
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

[...] truncated 

Message 6 of 6
Astrid
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Hi Karsten, 

We are using the Hartebeeskhoek94 set of coordinates, usually LO29, although all of them through LO19 to LO33 give the same issue.

We are usually accustomed to having to turn maps around as all of our maps import upside down. Thank you for the link, I'll forward it to my team and see if it resolves their issues.

We've been experiencing tons of interoperability issues between IW and Revit because of the CS being upside down, I'm hopeful this will work. Will keep you up-to-date whether this resolves our troubleshooting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report