Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drape onto surface

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
frosty1_4me
376 Views, 2 Replies

Drape onto surface

Hi,

I'm trying to get a model in AIW's that shows a mosaic photo draped over a surface for some 3d views.  Problem is that it doesn't seem to matter what I use for a terrain surface to drape the photo onto, whenever I add a terrain datasource (dem, rcp, etc) the resulting after it refreshes and imports is that all my data disappears on the screen with the exception of one layer which is a 3d layer.  All the rest is gone and there is no terrain surface showing up.  When I delete the terrain layer, the rest reappears.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Kent,

Based on your descrption, it sounds like you may have a 'units' issue happening here. InfraWorks uses metric units be default. If the terrain surface is imperial, there is no auto-conversion when importing.Check your InfraWorks project settings, and also make sure the Coordinate Systems match between your source data, and the project settings in IW.

Also, I have seen this same issue when importing RCP files that were processed in ReCap. This article explains how to properly import/process point files in ReCap so they lineup/scale correctly when importing to InfraWorks.

Willy Campbell
Message 3 of 3

Thanks,

I give your suggestions a try.  I did have some success using a contours file as the terrain datasource which works but the contours don't give as accurate of a terrain model as I would like.

I'll keep you posted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report