Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download or Create new "People" and "Vehicles" for use in Infraworks Styles?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
doni49
888 Views, 2 Replies

Download or Create new "People" and "Vehicles" for use in Infraworks Styles?

We're just starting to look at the possiblity of using Infraworks 2014 for conceptual design and storyboarding.

I work for the Dept of Conservation and as such we do a lot of boat ramps (and associated parking lots), shooting ranges etc.  So it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to show a man wearing a suit in one of our parking lots (just as a simple example of why I'm looking for something new).

We'd like to either download (prefer) or create new "People" and "Vehicles".  One person might be dressed like a fisherman (with the typical fishing vest and pole).  One vehicle might be a boat on a trailer (or even just a boat that we can show on the river).

Is it possible to do this?  If so, can someone point me in the right direction?  I'm having a difficult time finding anything via google.

TIA!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: doni49

Yes, go to Trimble 3D Warehouse and download people, buildings, vehicles, etc.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 3
jutters
in reply to: doni49

Some boat models, that might fit your needs, are already available within the 3D Model style catalog "Planes & Ships".

For adding custom 3D models to the style collection for using them as instanced models within your model (e.g. new types of people or boats), I'd recommend to clone an existing 3D model style and change the referenced model (click the ellipses button right to the model URI field and choose your 3D model use to use).

Hope this helps,

Sascha

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report