Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decline Upgrade To IDS Premium

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ajeng
895 Views, 6 Replies

Decline Upgrade To IDS Premium

Hi All,

I'm facing a problem with opt out. I received an email offer about migrating from Civil 3D to IDS. I decided to stick with Civil 3D and declining upgrade to IDS Premium. Then I followed the instruction and fill the decline form. When I tried to click the "Product Language" it only appeared as "None". I could not proceed the opt out because of that. Can someone help me how to solve this thing? Autodesk give the limit process until April 11th. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SethHall
in reply to: ajeng

Hi ajeng-

Please visit this site for assistance with opting out of the upgrade:

www.autodesk.com/customerservice 

If you can find the answer you are looking for, find the "I STILL NEED HELP!" button and someone will assist.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 7
wan2fly
in reply to: SethHall

Hello,

I'm trying to Opt Out of IDS upgrade too.

Although I have nearly every window in the subscription center open, I can't find the "opt-out" option.

I did go to the "I still need help" and when I put in my issue into the dialog box of asking a virtual agent, I got canned response that was no help.

I'd really like a map to get to "Opt Out of IDS" upgrade

My reseller couldn't help either

Message 4 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: wan2fly

I recommend you really think about it before you opt-out of this free upgrade. There are tools in the suite, particularly InfraWorks, that I'll bet you're going to want to be using within a few years. For $55.00 more per year you'll have that right, but if you opt out now and decide in five years you do want the suite, the upgrade is over five grand. Please, think about it.

For Civil 3D subscribers who want to Opt-out of the IDSP upgrade:

http://autodesk.com/declineupgradefromciv3dtoidsp.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: tcorey

....but make sure your hardware is up to the job e.g. Infraworks min Ram is 4Gb but 16Gb is recommended. Luckily my hardware was upgraded so I am now running IDSP although I have yet to use any of the additional products in anger.

At the moment, Infraworks seems to be just a conceptual high level visual aid to show planners and other stakeholders what the project will look like, I can't see me ever needing Revit Structure, Raster Design will be useful on occasions, Utility Design unlikely to be used, Navisworks and 3DS Max could have some benefit when I learn how to use them.

You will obviously need to factor in training time/costs to get the best from the additional software

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 7
JamesMaeding
in reply to: neilyj666

we use AIM, yes, its still AIM to us, not some new "totally redesigned...." product....to model final design and utils all the time.

You create the content in acad and sketchup. The tools in AIM for roads and bridges are childs play things.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 7 of 7
JamesMaeding
in reply to: neilyj666

navisworks is actually a big deal for checking larger surfaces from C3D. Also for showing two surfaces transparent for seeing cut and fill areas. I wish naviswors could drape images on surfaces like AIM, I would not use AIM if that were the case.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report