InfraWorks General Discussion

InfraWorks General Discussion

ajeng
Message 1 of 7 (479 Views)

Decline Upgrade To IDS Premium

479 Views, 6 Replies
04-02-2013 09:19 PM

Hi All,

I'm facing a problem with opt out. I received an email offer about migrating from Civil 3D to IDS. I decided to stick with Civil 3D and declining upgrade to IDS Premium. Then I followed the instruction and fill the decline form. When I tried to click the "Product Language" it only appeared as "None". I could not proceed the opt out because of that. Can someone help me how to solve this thing? Autodesk give the limit process until April 11th. 

Product Support
SethHall
Message 2 of 7 (460 Views)

Re: Decline Upgrade To IDS Premium

04-03-2013 06:45 AM in reply to: ajeng

Hi ajeng-

Please visit this site for assistance with opting out of the upgrade:

www.autodesk.com/customerservice 

If you can find the answer you are looking for, find the "I STILL NEED HELP!" button and someone will assist.

Seth Hall
Product Support
GCSO - CSS - FTS
Autodesk, Inc.

Being Civil
Being Civil Twitter
Being Civil Facebook

wan2fly
Message 3 of 7 (319 Views)

04-30-2013 10:58 AM in reply to: SethHall

Hello,

I'm trying to Opt Out of IDS upgrade too.

Although I have nearly every window in the subscription center open, I can't find the "opt-out" option.

I did go to the "I still need help" and when I put in my issue into the dialog box of asking a virtual agent, I got canned response that was no help.

I'd really like a map to get to "Opt Out of IDS" upgrade

My reseller couldn't help either

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 4 of 7 (286 Views)

05-06-2013 01:25 PM in reply to: wan2fly

I recommend you really think about it before you opt-out of this free upgrade. There are tools in the suite, particularly InfraWorks, that I'll bet you're going to want to be using within a few years. For $55.00 more per year you'll have that right, but if you opt out now and decide in five years you do want the suite, the upgrade is over five grand. Please, think about it.

For Civil 3D subscribers who want to Opt-out of the IDSP upgrade:

http://autodesk.com/declineupgradefromciv3dtoidsp.

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
*Expert Elite*
neilyj
Message 5 of 7 (263 Views)

05-08-2013 12:43 AM in reply to: tcorey

....but make sure your hardware is up to the job e.g. Infraworks min Ram is 4Gb but 16Gb is recommended. Luckily my hardware was upgraded so I am now running IDSP although I have yet to use any of the additional products in anger.

At the moment, Infraworks seems to be just a conceptual high level visual aid to show planners and other stakeholders what the project will look like, I can't see me ever needing Revit Structure, Raster Design will be useful on occasions, Utility Design unlikely to be used, Navisworks and 3DS Max could have some benefit when I learn how to use them.

You will obviously need to factor in training time/costs to get the best from the additional software

neilyj
(No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

IDSP Premium 2015 (mainly Civil 3D 2015 UKIE & Infraworks with some limited 3ds Max Design)
Win 7 Pro x64, 500Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD
32Gb Ram Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.6GHz (32 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K4000, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell T5610
Distinguished Contributor
jmaeding
Message 6 of 7 (251 Views)

05-08-2013 10:21 AM in reply to: neilyj

we use AIM, yes, its still AIM to us, not some new "totally redesigned...." product....to model final design and utils all the time.

You create the content in acad and sketchup. The tools in AIM for roads and bridges are childs play things.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human()
http://onesmallstepforcad.com/

Distinguished Contributor
jmaeding
Message 7 of 7 (250 Views)

05-08-2013 10:24 AM in reply to: neilyj

navisworks is actually a big deal for checking larger surfaces from C3D. Also for showing two surfaces transparent for seeing cut and fill areas. I wish naviswors could drape images on surfaces like AIM, I would not use AIM if that were the case.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human()
http://onesmallstepforcad.com/

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.