Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom intersections infraworks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Yonas89
534 Views, 3 Replies

Custom intersections infraworks

I would appreciate you with this: Is there any way how to import custom intersection to infraworks? If yes, what are the most common methods to do it? For instance I have a 2d roundabout created, using just polylines. Should I try to create a design surface from it and somehow export it to infraworks, or should I try to create solid? or is there some another way to do it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: Yonas89

If you have InfraWorks 360 with the Autodesk Roadway Design tools, there are some methods of manipulating an intersection but probably not to the level of detail you are looking for. For the roundabout, I would try creating a circular road with the feeder roads intersecting with it.

The following image is very poorly modeled. It's more a proof of concept then a finished design but this gives you an idea of what I was thinking of:

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 4
Yonas89
in reply to: BrianHailey

yes, I got same sort of roundabout. I will try to create solid and import as 3d model into infraworks.

Message 4 of 4
dsimenic
in reply to: BrianHailey

I also use this method, but the problem is that IW deformed roundabout, so it looks bad. Roundabouts are very common type if intersections, so this must be improved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report