Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Culverts Properties Changing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BrianHailey
360 Views, 3 Replies

Culverts Properties Changing

Howdy all!

I have a culvert in my model. When I go to change some properties of it, other properties change as well. Is this as intended? Am I missing a setting somewhere that prevents this from happening?

In the attached video, I have a culvert that was created by right clicking on the design road. It created a culvert with a 144" barrel (even though it was only using a flow of 7cfs).

I decided that this culvert should only have to convey 1.5 cfs (just trying some things to see how it behaves). I then decided that 144" is a bit big for 1.5 cfs so I resized the culvert to 36". After resizing the culvert, I had to add the flow back in. 

Ok, so my culvert is sized and has the correct flow but, I think I can shorten it up a bit. It doesn't need to be quite that far from the road so, I edit the end of the culvert and BOOM! I have a 144" culvert again.

At least it kept the 1.5cfs, well, at least until I edit it back to a 36" culvert.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

What OS are you on?

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4

Brian -

It appears that the default flow values in the Drainage Standards is stomping on your flow edits.  That was not the intended behavior.  

Rename the CrossDrainage_Imperial.clp that is found in: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\InfraWorks 360\Resources\Standards\Drainage

Replace that with attached file but rename with the CLP extension.

The 144 inch culvert barrel result is occuring when the sizing routing is unable to calculate a HW/D Ratio of 1.5:1.

Matt Anderson
Product Manager
Message 4 of 4

Excellent! Thanks for the updated file Matt! That fixed it!

On a side note, the file location on system was one folder deeper in "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\InfraWorks 360\Resources\Standards\Drainage\DesignStandards".

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report