Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple Questions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scaldwell73
323 Views, 2 Replies

Couple Questions

I'm fairly new to the software but I believe in getting into the deep end of the pool here.

Q1 - I've looked at how you go about editing facades for building but I need to make adjustments to the floor heights. Say my first floor may be 18' and the floors above that are 12'. How to go about making that sort of adjustment?

Q2 - My site is at the intersection of 2 four lane roads with medians. The intesections clean up but I need to show proper turn lanes. Also the roads doesn't clean up correctly in the intersection. Almost looks like a roundabout.

That'll do it for now. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn Caldwell

Shawn Caldwell
Gay & Neel, Inc.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jutters
in reply to: scaldwell73

Regarding Q1:

Facades in InfraWorks are composed of facade cells via patterns (following a defined regular grammar) that describe how the cells are stacked horizontally (floors) and vertically (blocks). You can use wildcards like "*", "+" and groupings via "(" and ")" to define how the patterns respond to different widths and heights of building footprint segments dynamically.

That means that the facade cells that comprise a floor implicitly determine the height of the floor and the UI does not allow you to set sepcific floor heights explicitly. You would need to use/define dedicated facade cells having the desired height within the floor pattern of the floors that should have the specific height. See here for a workaround how you can define/edit facade cells manually.

Regarding Q2:

Turning lanes are currently not supported but worked on already.

Could you provide a screenshot about "the roads doesn't clean up correctly in the intersection"?

Regards,

Sascha

Message 3 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: scaldwell73

Another option for question one: Assuming you received your InfraWorks as part of an Autodesk Design Suite, you also have a Revit license. Use Revit to quickly model the shell of your building and then import that model into InfraWorks. 

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report