Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant`t import DWG. Infraworks R4

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
frst
788 Views, 3 Replies

Cant`t import DWG. Infraworks R4

Hello!

I`m having problems importing DWG`s to my InfraWorks R4. When trying to import a simple polygon in dwg 2013-format, I get a "problem" message on the status of the file (see printscreen). Similar imports on my previous InfraWorks-version worked just fine.

Anybody know how to solve this issue?

Frode

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: frst

Export the polygon out of Civil 3D as a SHP file or an SDF file with MAPEXPORT.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
frst
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thanks, that is a good option. The only problem is that this generates a lot of extra work, when I have quite many DWG-files that I now have to export to SHP/SDF.
I would have been best if I could have exported my basic DWG-files, like I did in my previous InfraWorks-version. A little bit surprising that a, in my eyes, simple task like this causes problems.

I see that when I hover over the problems-symbol I get the message "The data has no mesh to be imported". Don't really know why this is an issue, when the purpose of the import is to make groundcovers from my closed polygons.

The main difference I can see in my DWG-import in the R4-version compared to the previous one, is that the DWG now gets send to the InfraWorks 360 cloud-based services. Maybe there some settings with my 360 account that causes the problem?
Message 4 of 4
John_DeLeeuw
in reply to: frst

For some reason the 2D DWG import was removed in R4, only 3D DWG import has been left. I'm not sure why this was done now, but 2D DWG import has never been the preferred import for getting data into InfraWorks, only SDF or SHP. These last formats can use the extra Object Data attached which in turn can drive attribute values in InfraWorks.

Regards,

John

John de Leeuw
Senior Consultant

Community Ambassador - Twitter - LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report