Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building roof style rules

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
r.j.w.cross
1679 Views, 3 Replies

Building roof style rules

Hi,

I have serval thousand buildings to randomly style (i.e. I son't want the houses to be styled uniformly instead having each selecting from about 5 different styles). The 'style rules' function works perfectly for this when it comes to building facades, however I can't see a way to randomly style the roofs.

Is this possible? Does it require editing XML or similar?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
r.j.w.cross
in reply to: r.j.w.cross

I found a work around where in model explorer I created building subsets, that filtered by different building sizes (as all the buildgings were from real data, with random sizes.

I then selected each subset and then altered the properties of all selected buildings, changing the roof material. This worked quite well, but not as well as the style rule tool would.

Message 3 of 4
cjandrews22
in reply to: r.j.w.cross

You might also be interested in the instructuions in this blog article:

http://atlandsend.typepad.com/at-lands-end/2011/12/randomizing-data-in-infrastructure-modeler-for-de...

Thanks,

Chris

Senior Product/Product Line Manger
Media and Entertainment Cloud Services
Autodesk
Message 4 of 4
r.j.w.cross
in reply to: cjandrews22

Great!

I was looking for a random maths function. did not realise you could use javascript in the parameter fields. This will be very useful, thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report