Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boundary Clip

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nkg2
1058 Views, 2 Replies

Boundary Clip

Good Afternoon -

Is there a boundary clip or some sort of boundary condition that allows a user to import all data necessary for a project for whole area but clip out only what you need to work with at the moment?  For example, I have a Mr. Sid file for a a county extent (fairly large file) which takes up about 10-20 minutes of load time.  It takes four NED files to give provide a 3-D image of the surface for that county.  My project today may be in the west end of the county but the project tomorrow is in the eastern portion.   I know I can bookmark locations but I did not know if I could bookmark locations with only certain segments loaded for that bookmark only and supress the other information so that I get a faster response.

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: nkg2

You can go into the model properties (options?) and adjust the model extents. Not quite what you are asking for but perhaps it could work.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
nkg2
in reply to: nkg2

Yes I do believe this will work.  I have not tried to setup multiple files because I don't think I can set multiple boundaries up but I think this will work.  Thank you!

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report