Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CAD and IMX Workflow for Planning Documents?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
cpennetti
457 Views, 0 Replies

Best CAD and IMX Workflow for Planning Documents?

The more i get into AIM teh more i enjoy the software.  I'm trying to think about how to best implement it into a standard workflow for planning documents though.  for planning submission documents, the local jurisdiction is still interested only in hard copy plans (renders to supplement are common too).

Ideally, a DWG could be connected to teh AIM file, but the DWG would be rendered with attributes based on layer names.  even if we set up a drawing with only a few layers, for buildings, roads, vegetation blocks, etc. it would be great to see that dynamic connection.

a current method i've experimented with was to connect to the SQLite file, and move the MAP objects as if they were simply CAD polygons, which seems pretty effective, but i think you still end up with double linework, because you're drawing with CAD tools more or less, like offsets of the road CL, and the road curves imported are broken into a lot of tangents...

anyway, just curious on any succesful CAD/IMX operations

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report