Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler error

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Metsihafe_M
2684 Views, 15 Replies

Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler error

I have installed the new software - Autodesk Infrastructure design Suite. All products works except Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler.

I have problem on when I open AIM 2013. Every time I am trying to open file from inside AIM , I can't see names of folder and files. (See the attached files)

I have been in contact with Autodesk but their assistance has not solved the problem yet and now the case is forwarded to the Autodesk development team to analyze the reasons for it.

Any assitance.

Thanks

Metsihafe

Window 7 ultimate Dell Precision T7400- 64bits

Metsihafe M
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Metsihafe_M
in reply to: Metsihafe_M

sorry for the misising attached files.

Metsihafe M
Message 3 of 16

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.

I've reinstalled Windows 7 64bit, reinstalled AIM, replaced the Garphic card nvidia GT530 for a nvidia quadro 2000. Nothing helped so far.

Hope they soon solve this problem

Peter

Message 4 of 16

we are working hard on investing and fixing this issue...

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 5 of 16
tstanev
in reply to: Metsihafe_M

It might help to try running the Windows System File Checker to make sure there aren't any corrupted system files (for example system font files). From a command line run:

sfc /scannow

More information here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Message 6 of 16
tstanev
in reply to: tstanev

And another thing to try would be to switch the application color scheme to "Light" in the Options dialog (accessible from the application button on the top left).

Message 7 of 16

I have already tried sfc en set the color scheme to light, but that wasn't the solution. I've googled this issue and also changed some foldermap settings and permissions. No results so far.

Our AutoCad Reseller is also informed by me and they are also looking for a solutoin.

Thank you for your time and hope that somebody can solve this problem

Message 8 of 16

We finally found one fix which already worked for one customer facing the same issue:

You need to remove the “Adobe 3D Capture element” or the "Adobe Acrobat 9 pro extended 64-bit add-on"

If you have installed Acrobat X, you will not see Adobe 3D Capture as an installed program. One customer facing the same issues had "Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended 64-bit add-on" installed instead but found an related registry entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\9.0\Installer]

"AppInit_DLLs"="acaptuser64.dll".

As it seems, acaptuser64.dll caused the issues at the customers machine. After uninstall of “Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended 64-bit add-on", AIM worked like a charm.

I very much hope this will help you as well.

Heiko Meyerdirks
Senior Manager, Engineering
AEC Design-BID-Infrastructure
Message 9 of 16

Heiko, Thank you very very much. I am not at work at the moment, but when i am there i will try this directly. Hope this is the solution Best regards, Met vriendelijke groet, Peter Witjes medewerker Vastgoed Team Openbare Ruimte en Vastgoed Gemeente Zevenaar Bezoekadres: Kerkstraat 27, 6901 AA Zevenaar Postadres: Postbus 10, 6900 AA Zevenaar T: (0316) 595 324 W: www.zevenaar.nl
Message 10 of 16

Heiko,

Both software products are not installed on my computer. I've checked the registry if I could find anything. So, it didn't solve my problem. If you have any further recommendations, then of course I liked to hearthem

Thank you so far

regards,

Peter

Message 11 of 16

Hello Peter

I am sorry to hear this. We reopend the corresponding defect and will try to find out by what other product this can also be caused.

Heiko Meyerdirks
Senior Manager, Engineering
AEC Design-BID-Infrastructure
Message 12 of 16

Thanks 

It is solved for me. Except my adobe is giving some warning.

Metsihafe M

Metsihafe M
Message 13 of 16
tstanev
in reply to: peterwitjes7473

Hi Peter,

Can you do a thorough search of your hard drive and registry for both acaptuser64.dll and acaptuser32.dll, to make sure some other product did not install any version of those? It's worth double checking this because it has solved the problem for all other people that we know of with this problem.

Thanks,

Traian

Message 14 of 16

Hi Traian,

I've just twice checked everything. The registry and hard drive gives no result for acaptuser32.dll and acaptuser64.dll.

In the registry I also looked at the CheckedValue key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL was set 1 to ensure that all folders are shown. After that I checked the registry and hard drive again, but no results.

Sorry, but no results

regards,

Peter

Message 15 of 16

Remove the 64bit addon worked for me too. Thanks

Message 16 of 16

Finally .... it works. The problem is the Windows 7 version. I bought a new W7 pro version and installed everything again, and it works.

In an earlier state I installed the pre-installed W7 home premium version and the problem resist. So, after all the other solutions that I tried the last option for me was to buy a new windows 7 pro version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report