Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk, explain your plans for 2015 updates and versioning please

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
JamesMaeding
320 Views, 0 Replies

Autodesk, explain your plans for 2015 updates and versioning please

I think many people have noticed how 2015 installs to:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\InfraWorks\

and that the start menu icon just says Infraworks, nothing about 2015.

and that the updates do not leave behind any old "versions".

Yet the splash screen shows 2015 (oops marketing dept...).

And the models seem to be versioned per update (oops technical team).

I can live on the bleeding edge for things like interface changes, and features that automate whatever tasks.

I do not know if I can live with versioned models when the version of installed software is not clear.

Like if a windows update made files unreadable on another computer without the update, that would be insane.

Yet I have not heard any clear explanation of Autodesk's vision of how real companies are supposed to behave in this new system.

The implication is we are suppposed to just always apply the updates. Any comment on that from Autodesk?

These are not like autocad updates, these are like updates that take you from IW 2015 to 2016, and version the model.

Autodesk, be clear on how this model versioning will work, or you are risking major unhappiness from customers, right when you are trying to sell the "non-suite" 360 upsell product.

I might also ask how selling that outside the suite is working out for you, given that most places would not mess with regular IW except that it comes in the suite.

I love the product, but it is not critical to most places workflows yet. Experiment as you will, just realize this is not AutoCad, and getting away with forced versioning on IW does not extrapolate to the AutoCad world.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report