Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes display settings

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
YRogachev
1217 Views, 7 Replies

Attributes display settings

I have DWG drawing with map of city. This map consist of polygons of buildings with different attributes, like numbers of floors, address, type of material, type of property and etc.

Map.png

I exported this data through SDF format with attributes to AIM. There are no problems, all data imported correct and attributes imported like Properties of text and Properties of numbers.

Poporties.png

My questions:

1. How I can extract this attributes to tooltip or something, which can show all data attributes in building?
  2. How I can chose all buildings, who, has number of floors less than 1? I think I have to use Select by Filter but I can’t compose right expression.
  3. I have in attributes (Properties of text) type of building material (Brick, wood, stone and etc.). How I can compose expression in style by rule that all brick buildings has special style and all stone buildings another style?

Igor Rogachev/ Игорь Рогачёв
BIM Infrastructure Expert / Эксперт по инфраструктурному BIM
Онлайн-курсы Civil 3D
Опыт применения Civil 3D
LinkedIn

Этикет и принципы общения Autodesk Community

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cpennetti
in reply to: YRogachev

I'd like to know this as well.  Is it possible to select a geometric attribute, and assign a style.  For instance, grab every building smaller than 5,000 SF footprint, and assign a house style?  I know i can theme items, or select by filter and then style, but if i have to re-import i lost those settings.

Am I missing something, where you can style by ranges, similar to Map 3D?  Or should it all be themes?  I'm really liking the 2014 trial that's out... moving clouds, new design tools, better lighting, very cool

Message 3 of 8

You may create a rule for it (Style Rules) which get stored with the model and can be applied all as often as you like. You still can do manual changes to the stylization which will override the rule style using the manual style field. Just make sure you do not set a default manual style during import, otherwise all rule styles get overwritten for every asset.

Heiko Meyerdirks
Senior Manager, Engineering
AEC Design-BID-Infrastructure
Message 4 of 8
cpennetti
in reply to: YRogachev

Thank you for the reply.  Would you be able to post a quick expression that would help us out with something like this?  Something that would set a style/color/roof slope based on an attribute of the data, or maybe a geometric calculation?

Some of the examples included in the software really help, related to creating multi-line descriptions, or the new features with adding that data directly to the tool tip on inmport really help.  So maybe just something similar, or if you could point to a blog or help page that already has it, that would be good.

A lot of the data comes in as boolean, even if it's originally double, which makes it tough to grab a range of values.  The footprint is a good example.  I can create a field that adds that data automatically, but I'm not sure how i'd map it in InfraWorks that would allow me to style all buildings from 0-3,000 SF, and then 3,000 - 10,000 SF, etc.

Message 5 of 8

Looking at you example, InfraWorks has some limitations. You can only use the attributes you map during import. There is currently no way to bring in and work with additional attributes. Below you will see an example how this can be done regarding the floors example.

Floors.JPG

Unfortunately there are no geometry calculations available. But you have for example interactive spatial tools. You will find the editor for the expression by clicking the edit button in the rule editor:

Expression Editor.JPG

Heiko Meyerdirks
Message 6 of 8

I see, well that's a big help.  But you're saying then that with current InfraWorks, if I wanted to look at another attribute, like number of cars that travel along a road, that isn't mapped to an InfraWorks geometric component (like number of lanes) there's no way to set a style rule?

Message 7 of 8

That is correct. However, there is one advanced option, here is a blog post:

If you plan to take advantage of it, I recommend you create a copy of your model first thing, as modifying the schema can lead to a corrupted model.

Heiko Meyerdirks
Message 8 of 8

Just wanted to say the replies were very helpful, I'm back into it all and moving a lot faster with these tips.  The facade creation is still a little challenging to use, but the ability to code in styles is a big help.  Thanks Heiko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report