Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlering the terrain

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Totros
408 Views, 2 Replies

Atlering the terrain

I need to alter the terrain(lider) on my model, to create a smooth land surface with a constant elevation. Is there a way of doing this in infraworks. Thank you so much for your time!

Also, is there a way to label features e.g labelling a building - hotel, etc

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Willy_Campbell
in reply to: Totros

Hi Tongai,

Have you tried to use a Coverage Area? Once created, and in edit mode, you will see esit points at each point along the boundary of your Coverage. The right-click menu contains an option to 'shape terrain.' Once you select this, the Coverage will flatten out and have an arrow in the center that you can use to set the desired elevation of the coverage. Please note that you will not have any control of the slopes around the coverage.

Regarding naming objects:

This can be done by selecting the object you want to add a name to, right-click> Properties, and find the Name category inder the Common area and add the desired name. Don't forget to hit the Update button [top right of Properties]. Once this is done, hover the mouse over the named object, and you will see the pop-up.

naming.png

Willy Campbell
Message 3 of 3
Totros
in reply to: Willy_Campbell

Thank you, the terrain is now as I desire!!!

On naming, I can change the name and update but it does not appear on the model, and this means it doesnt appear when I make a presentation.

Thanks,

T

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report