Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

applying style to imported sketchup 3d model

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tprescott
471 Views, 3 Replies

applying style to imported sketchup 3d model

We have a structure created in Sketchup.  Actually, it was created in CAD, imported into Sketchup then exported from Sketchup as a 3d model. (see attached screenshot)

As you can see, it doesn't fall into any of the 3d model style options.  In Sketchup, it has color applied to it, but when imported into Infraworks it just shows up as white, and dragging in different styles doesn't affect the model at all.

All I want is it for not to be white.  Just a simple brown color will suffice since they are logs.  But playing with all the property settings doesn't do anything either.

If anyone can assist with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: tprescott

You have to cut and paste the model file into the images folder that was created when you exported from Sketchup.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
tprescott
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thanks for your reply.

When the person (not me) exported from Sketchup she said there wasn't an image folder that was created.

Is there a certain folder structure we need to be following in order for this to work?

Right now the Infraworks files are in one folder and the models created are in a different place on our server.

And if it matters, I am using the .dae version since it exported in the smallest size.

Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 4
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: tprescott

When you export a file out of Sketchup as a collada file (.dae), it creates a model.dae (the name you gave it) and folder with the same name.  This is where the materials are.  Move the .dae file into that folder.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report