Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying material to one face of an infraworks object

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
suri_2282
2036 Views, 21 Replies

Applying material to one face of an infraworks object

Hi All,

I am new to this software, 

m trying to apply material/color to one face of the object, but it's applying to whole side of the objects

Please suggest me  howto apply the colour like i attached in the snap.

Thanks & Regards

Surendra Kumar N

surendra2282@gmail.com

+91 9535217984

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: suri_2282

Hello Surendra Kumar,

how did you apply the red material to your building?
From you sample image I can see three buildings. In InfraWorks are there also three buildings or is it one building only?

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 22
suri_2282
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for reply,

No, I just want to texture the one by one sides of the building with
different materials or images. like texturing in Google Sketchup manner.

Ya In infraworks also it's having three buildings. You just consider one
building for this query.

Thanks & Regards

Surendra Kumar N.
Message 4 of 22
Karsten.Saenger

Hi Surendra Kumar,

you should be able to just drag and drop the material to the face of the building.

Colorstyle_InfraWorks.png

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 22
suri_2282

Hi Karsten,

I already tried that option, but it's not applying to only once face of the building, it's applying to all the faces of the building.

Suggest me some other option.

PFA for my test video for your suggested last mail option.

Thanks & Regards

Surendra Kumar

Message 6 of 22
suri_2282

Hi Karsten,

I already tried that option, but it's not applying to only once face of the building, it's applying to all the faces of the building.

Thanks & Regards

Surendra Kumar

Message 7 of 22
suri_2282

Hi Karsten,

Thanks & Regards

Surendra Kumar

Message 8 of 22
Karsten.Saenger

Hello Surendra Kumar,

I have to admit that I was confused why it did not work for you and all of a sudden it did not work for me either.
The trick is to remove any manual applied styles. The building will be selected as one feature which means that all faces of the building will be treated the same at the same time. If you apply a color now, all faces are colored.

Apply any default facade style. This will create different facade sections for each building facade. If you drag&drop a color to a facade now only this face will be affected. In the building properties under manual style you can see the syntax of this "substyle": Style -> override style, for each facade whereas "null" is no override.
See also this screenvideo for a clearer demonstration:
http://screencast.com/t/WPntdXpWbS

Best Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 9 of 22
suri_2282

Hi Karsten,

Thanks, thanks a lot for giving the solution,

It's really working fine,

Thanks & Regards

Surendra Kumar N.

Message 10 of 22
ryan.beisaw

Im recently having this problem as well, but the solution your giving still isnt working for me. My options are set to medium and still when i drag a material to a single face of the building, it generates it all the way around....I also started off with empty manual styles. What could i be doing wrong?? Help?

Message 11 of 22
suri_2282
in reply to: ryan.beisaw

Hi RbeisawWP,

Follow this sample video for solution.

Mr. Karsten had given the solution for this in my last discussion on 09-18-2014

http://screencast.com/t/WPntdXpWbS

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/infraworks-general-discussion/applying-material-to-one-face-of-an-infr...

Thanks & Regards

Surendra Kumar N.

Message 12 of 22

Hello Ryan,

I have created an Autodesk Knowledge Article for this issue:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/How-to-apply-a-color-to-a-face-facade-of-an-InfraWorks-buildin...

I assume in your case you need to follow the suggestions mentioned in the note: The Building Facade Detail must be set at least to "medium", better "high".

Regards,
Karsten

Karsten Saenger
Message 13 of 22

Yea, apparently something is different because I have followed that video step for step and still my model doesnt generate a different color face on the building. Ive changed the settings to "high" as well....Very interesting!

Message 14 of 22

Hi Ryan,

do you have the chance to share your model via Autodesk 360 with me, so that I can have a look at it?

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 15 of 22

Im not quite sure how to do that.

Message 16 of 22

Hi Ryan,

please see the InfraWorks help files for a detailed description of how to share models via Autodesk 360.

Collaborate Using the Cloud
http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/InfraWorks-UserHelp/files/GUID-0BB3F8AB-F553-4287-AF50-7...

-> To add users to a group and assign roles

Please let me know if your InfraWorks version does not support the cloud functionality (for example if you are using InfraWorks 2015 from a Suite). We will find another way to share the model.

Regards,
Karsten.

Karsten Saenger
Message 17 of 22

JUST figured it out! Sorry for such confusion!

Ryan B

Message 18 of 22
ryan.beisaw

Karsten - Just sent you a private message - hoping to get your help opinion on another issue...

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous

I used the latest version of Infraworks 2015 and met the same problems.  Would anyone tell me is it the problem of Infraworks 2015 and Infraworks360?

Message 20 of 22
ryan.beisaw
in reply to: Anonymous

Kelvin - 

There is a certain process in which you need to apply the material to one face or another. If you follow the procedure the folks have given above you'll get through it. Just done forget to be in 'edit mode' when you are applying the facades and materials. That was my mistake when i was trying to get through it, one i was in edit mode, it worked just fine. good luck!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report