Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appearance Tiling after additional data import

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jesse.mom
1099 Views, 8 Replies

Appearance Tiling after additional data import

Hi all,

I have build a model with a terrain , an aerial image, and some building data. I have attached an image (without the aerial image though). This all works well now. (the sequence of importing was Terrain-> building data-> aerial image) But when I try to import my roads data, some weird tiling takes place as can be seen in the second image.

This happened to me before. This time I only had the terrain and the aerial image in the model, and when i tried to import the building data, it created these weird tiles of the terrain and of the image as well (so the sequence of importing was terrain -> aerial image-> buildings). this was with the exact same files.

It seems to me that when I import data after I have imported aerial images, this weird stuff takes place. If i import the aerial image at the end, it works well. However, when I remove the aerial image, my model is still screwed up, and I have to create an entire new model.

This is quite anoying, so I hope someone can tell why this happens. Are there people with similar experiences, and does anyone know how to overcome this? 

Thanks in advance,

Jesse Mom

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: jesse.mom

Infraworks operates in tiles.  There is nothing you can do but wait until it finishes regenerating the tiles.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 9
tcorey

And it really helps to limit the project extents by polygon or bounding box (see the Model Settings button on the Manage tab.)

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 9
jesse.mom

The name of the topic was not choosen properly. I'm not referring to the appearance tiling, i'm referring to the seperated terrain tiles that are already loaded. In the second image you see that the terrain is seperated into weird looking tiles, and that some parts of the terrain are covered with a rectengular aerial image, while other parts of terrain are not covered with aerial imagery. This is still the case when the entire model is loaded.

Thus again my question, is there anyone who has experienced this before?

Message 5 of 9
ToddRogers-WPM

It has happened to me from time to time. First a couple of things to check.

1. Turn off shadows and ambient occlusion
2. In options, turn on show back faces and turn off anti-aliasing
3. Regenerate the model

These are just a few things to try first.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 9
j.mom
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thanks for you're response. Although it makes the model much quicker, it still doesnt fix the problem. I figured out that it's not the aerial image that causes to problem, since it also happened to a model that did not included an aerial image at all. It might be caused by using files that have different projections (my terrain file has the Dutch RDnew coordinates, while my water data uses LL84).

But this still should not happen right? anyone elsewho has experienced the same? and who has a solution?

Message 7 of 9
konstantin.baumann
in reply to: j.mom

Different coordinate systems should not be an issue.

If you are switching the water polygons off everything works as expected? If so, would it be possible to provide a sample dataset for internal testing/debugging directly to me (probably the DEM and the water polygons should be enough)?

Konstantin.B
Software Architect
Message 8 of 9
j.mom
in reply to: konstantin.baumann

Hi, I will send you the aerial image, the terrain data file and the water data. How can I send you this (size is roughly 600 mb) If you have an email adress, I will send it via wetransfer. And please remember, sometimes the weird tiling happens, and sometimes it doesn't. So please try to load the data multiple times and in different sequences.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jesse

Message 9 of 9
sebastian.voigt
in reply to: j.mom

Jesse, can you heck your pm please?

Regards Sebastian Voigt

Sebastian Voigt

Senior Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report